Yogventures.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Blackspear, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Yes, Yogs are making their own game!

What do you think about it?
  2. Offline

Borntodie Community Member

This game is just so random lol
  3. Offline

Ledgendairy Community Member

lol, feels like one of those games that's gonna be epic or just terrible
  4. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

In your face NOTCH!!
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

Its got never complete all over it.
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

7. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

There was a lot of shit on reddit about it. CBA reading about it all tho.

Game is not happening and people who pledged some money will get something different in return lol.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

Well, didn't they get like 500k towards it?
  9. Offline

Zerathu Community Member

It's an odd situation when people who fund these project on kickstarter and inde gogo realize that they are investors not consumers.

In the grand scheme of things however it is just a drop of water in the bucket that is failed games projects.

It is nice though that despite having no obligation to that they are giving back to the fans who helped fund the project and just goes to show the dangers of kickstarters and crowdfunding. Atleast it isnt as bad as solar roadways.

10. Offline

Darkpride Veteran BOON

how the fuck is someone a investor in a kickstarter?:) i never saw any interest rates being offered.

you just pledge money and hope for the best.
  11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

They do have an obligation though, they advertised the shit out of it, agreed to brand it and they have taken money from it. To me that screams obligation!
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

indie games, youtube fags and kickstarters are so last year bro's

u all need to get a Wii U and play mario kart 8 with me
  13. Offline

Zerathu Community Member

"It's the project creator's responsibility to complete their project. Kickstarter is not involved in the development of the projects themselves.
    Kickstarter does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator's ability to complete their project. On Kickstarter, backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it. " - Kickstarter
  14. Offline

Zerathu Community Member

Seems like the most "wishy washy" statement ever basically saying whatever beef you have is between you and the project creators.
  15. Offline

Darkpride Veteran BOON

Well kickstarter is as well as early access a symptom of a sickening industry.
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Yes and we see those symptoms all around
  17. Offline

Zerathu Community Member

Can't agree with you more, its an equivalent of gambling and even pre-orders are going that way when it comes to get a game and your not sure how much of that original game as been stripped out for DLC.

Looking through my steam library I can see two early access games (Starbound and Towns) both of which were disappointing and despite updates making either game better I doubt I will go back to play either because of bad first experience.
  18. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

the only way you can make it stop is with your wallets ;)
  19. Offline

Zerathu Community Member

20. Offline

Acina Admin Officer