WvWvW Staff AoE + Speed Spec

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Fizzee, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Got bored this evening :p
    Feel free to constuctively criticise.
    spec.jpg
    *updated*
    still keeping the AoE heavy traits as that's the key to this spec, but took the advice of the air trait.
  2. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

"% speed in air" trait is bad, and half bugged. It only gives you speed every 10secs, and you shouldnt stay in air that long as fire is generally better in WvWvW.

You should have faster glyph recharge instead of that, and glyph of elemental harmony as your heal. Also, fire puissance is better than fire fields duration. The only effectiveness in having a longer lava font duration is at keeps etc. Other than that you benefit more from getting might every time you cast a fire spell imo.

Also your build doesn't s how runes/armor etc. Given your build is a build mostly focused on damaged, you should have 6x divinity and a berserker amulet.

Signet of Earth is ok for the stun, can possibly grant a kill if you get enough assists and the target doesn't have defensive cooldowns up.

Lastly, Arcane Power would serve you better, get some crits on your spells. Arcane blast is very meh. Even arcane wave is better to combo your lava font and give everyone aoe might.
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

fair points, the % air move one probably would be good to switch with glyph recharge. I'll amend that later, the rest of the points are pretty situation dependant and I definately designed this with keep assault and large zerg countering as I expect this will be the majority of wvw for at least a week after launch. Ofc its easy enough to switch spells and trait bonuses if smaller fights with higher might may help.

Finally, I chose arcane blast over wave as wave is short range and only useful for applying boons whereas blast is long range and good for a bit of spike damage, but again, may be worth changing depending on situation and group compilation.

Cheers for the input, good food for thought. (And glad it started ele discussion, its been quiet in here despite the number of eles we have.)
  4. Offline

Klecksi Veteran BOON

I'd go for burst heals in WvW. This is either Ether Renewal or GoEH. Maybe Ether Renewal is better in this build as it offers a lot of condition removal.

And as said before, One with Air is a waste. You should be able to keep up swiftness 100% of the time (about 80% aoe).
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Fizzee obviously just downloaded CS6.
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Nah, still cs3 I think. Was just bored. Already made a reference sheet to quickly make my character (can't post it though ;) )

Anyway, go buy the game you twat.
  7. Offline

Jame Community Member

What builds are you guys using? Mine is obviously not working as intended, but not sure what to do. Would something like this work? Planning on trying it out tonight unless you tell me it's utter rubbish for WvWvW. I'm going for nuke nuke nuke (currently at least), but do share your support builds as well. :)

Edit. Revised edition
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Your spec is almost identical to mine. On my phone so can't easily see what majors you went with, but mine are
    Fire - dmg in attune, 20% cooldown, longer fields
    Air - glyph cooldown
    Water - cantrips give vigor/regen
    Arc - ele attune, staff aoe larger.

I also went with mist, teleport and arcane blast.
    Reason being, Im pure glass cannon, toughness is pointless as I will die fast anyway, so mist + tele is uber for escaping.
    Blast is also fucking awesome. Try putting a font down, tele to other side, burning retreat and blast mid air... NUMBERS!!!!

Elite I went with the asura d-golem. Combine the shield with blast gives everyone retaliation which fucks up arrowcarts ;)

Also I went pure power precision condition.

I was destroying people last night.
  9. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

30-10-0-20-10, with teleport, mist and glyph of storms.
    Glyph of storms is simply to open up the engage on zergs as its a decent aoe that can be casted while moving, so usually i go glyph casted while charging in, meteor shower (if u stop the channeling at 50% it still casts), and then lava font and flame burst.

Also a little trick since you were complaining about bags yesterday, i usually never aoe the same place twice: if i put the glyph on the backside then i put the meteor shower near the gate for example. Also when you see downed people just quickly put a a lava font under them and move on, dont stop to stomp them.
  10. Offline

Jame Community Member

Oh damn... not enough coffee so missed your topic about WvWvW builds... could some kind moderator powered person combine this thread with this one? Just gets confusing to have many. :p

About the majors I chose on the build I linked:

And the utilities then... I have usually always mist form, but tbh, it rarely saves me because I'm not immune to immobalize, so thought I'd try the Armor of Earth instead and see how it goes. And do you mean Arcane Wave? Isn't blast single target and wave the aoe? I use arcane wave mostly in pve and spvp, but haven't tried it in mass wvwvw yet (mostly because all the ppl are dead by the time I get there). I chose the Glyph of Storms as one utility skill for an additional aoe, but I've never tried it, so no idea how much damage it actually does (not sure how the base dmg is affected)...
    The elite I picked the GS, because it's pure awesome... :D Never thought it would be, but now when I've tried it a few times, I love it. Compared to that the other elites I got are useless.

Edit.

Oh ok, nice to hear the storm utility is usefull!Do you know which attunement is the "best" for it?

I'll try to spread my aoe out a bit more then. Ty for the tip. :D
  11. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Earth is the one i like the most but at the same time its not the attunement u want while charging into the zerg, so i usually go for fire.
  12. Offline

Jame Community Member

I was checking the wiki for the descriptions and earth was the only one that didn't show anything at all. According to the wiki, water would do most damage, but guessing that's not accurate? I've usually opened with water 4 (fast skill to use) and usually toss a 2 and 5 as well before changing to fire, since fire 5 takes so long to go off.
  13. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Earth seems to be the only one with constant damage from my experience, the other ones rely on RNG projectiles like meteor shower which i cant say i like too much (earth summons a little sandstorm, no projectiles involved)
    I always prefer to avoid randomness in games.
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Sorry, wave not blast.

And mist form you are invulnerable, so I pop that when health is low, then tp whilst in mist switch to air, 4, 5, wave in field and by then I'm usually clear. Ill heal if need be.
  15. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

The thing i like about mist is that you can still cast the self heal or glyphs while in it, which proved to be more than useful.
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Also you can revive in mist. So if you have nearly got someone up when you start getting hit, pop mist and hope you can finish the revive.

Its also great for suicide gate sealing. If the gate breaks, tp to gate, hit repair, then mist and lock them in. You usually die straight after, but sacrifices are sometimes required.
  17. Offline

Jame Community Member

Well, for that it is useful, I do admit. But usually when I'm stuck in the middle of enemies, it's the lightning flash that saves me, not the mist. If you'd be immune to immobilize as well in mist form, it would no doubt be superior. I just want to try the armor of earth and see if it fits me better. If not, I'll just change back to mist. :p
  18. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

I dont like opening with water as i want to save the attunement for later. If the enemy breaks in the first 10 seconds=all good, if they dont then i switch to water and start spreading some heals as our melees will need them.
  19. Offline

Jame Community Member

Hm, guess I was thinking more about situations, where we surprise attack enemies, so trying to slow down runners. Different of course, when you're inside and they're actually trying to come in and kill you and not run away.

On another note... would soothing disruption be better than cleansing wave? How much regeneration does the first one actually grant?

And Selenus said on the other thread that Quick Glyphs might be useful. Should I have that instead of Bolt to the Heart? Tbh, I like the sound of the 20% more dmg — and I'm assuming it works on all attunements, since it doesn't say different, but the Quick Glyphs would shorten my self heal and the storm aoe (the latter one with 12 sec, which is a lot).
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Its too situational. 20% when below 25% health... In our guild, the enemy dies so fast that if they are below 25% health, you'll be lucky to get a hit off.

Its better for small engagements but its still not that impressive.
    Consider your heal gives you a boon, I'd rather reduce the cooldown of that than have the occasional hit do 20% more damage.