WvWvW gear

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Djai - Ine, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

Topic says it all: what gear do you guys use depending on your spec? /discuss!
  2. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

3. Offline

Arlinn Community Member

berserk trinkets, power vit toughness armors

greatsword / sword-pistol
  4. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

Interesting thanks :)
    How do you feel with Sword/Pistol in WvW?

Personally at the moment I'm Staff/Greatsword in fights (focus when moving for the buff speed xD). Power/Vit/Condition and a mix of trinkets for more precision/condition/power (I'm speced for phantasms that apply conditions). The good thing is that I have a lot of HP, a lot of survivability and pretty decent damage. For AoE sequences with the raid I'm mostly relying on Chaos Storm + Feedback + the GS phantasm, it hurts people :>

I'm mainly asking you guys what you are using at the moment because I didn't find anything that is above the rest yet. So the more we share the better imo.

Also I have less game time than most of the guild so I need to prioritize the gear I get and the order I get it :)

Cheers
  5. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Once I get back I will try to complete a build for portals and support focusing mainly on getting the portals down. Probably pow/vit/tough with sword/torch for invis and scepter/focus for swiftness(scepter is useless but what can you do). Will use portals, blink and feedback/null field with traits into glamor and phantasms(including focus phantasm to reflect projectiles)
  6. Offline

Seraxx Community Member

i personally prefer greatsword/staff for WvW just for max aoe, sword/pistol has ofc better dps but in zergs i never go in melee range. whats more chaosstorm is too good in WvW - you can use it as damager as buffer on allies just great skill.
    i recommend as mentioned above power/vit/toughness armor and full berserker jewels for dmg.
    furthermore i think we got not many options as mesmer for WvW, ya focus is nice for speed but meeeeeh thats all (ok the pull from the speedthingy is also nice).
  7. Offline

Ebayed Community Member

Where do you guys get the power/vit/thoughness gear from? As far as I know you can't get it all from karma vendors in Orr, right?
  8. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Power/Vit/Thoughness is the bagdes armor
  9. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Also the AC exotic gear has the same stats, and with 60 tokens per 30 minutes run imho its easier to get than the invader's gear.
  10. Offline

Ebayed Community Member

I doubt I'll get 60 tokens per 30 minutes of wvw, so until then I think I'm going with a Carrion set.
  11. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

If KC can you should be able to :p
  12. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Im talking about Ascalon Tears, 60 tokens every Ascalon Catacomb's run (avarage 30 min, 15 min if u are in experienced group)
  13. Offline

Elfins Veteran BOON

For tokens, it's 60 per explorable path daily - second time you do the same path in a day (i think that's the limit period) you get 20 tokens. Which means you can get 180 per day by doing all three paths once (i don't consider 20 worth the time to do a path again).
  14. Offline

ReDiSiS Community Member

Atm im running with full Invaders Armor Power/Tough/Vit and Full Berserker Accesories. As weapon i use GS // Sword + Focus full berserker too as i run with Phantasm build based on power/crit/crit dmg. Also i switch from sword+focus to staff in some situations if i need more protection. I only do WvW and this combination atm is the one working better for me.
  15. Offline

Odd Rituals Community Member

i am full out Power-vitality-condition on all i have on me.
    but i think you need to buy all that gear cus it is just drops that has it sadly.. hoping on a change of that soon.
  16. Offline

Jame Community Member

Meep, forgot to answer here.

Armor: 4 parts berserker + 2 parts valkyrie w/ centaur runes
    Accessories: Full berserker
    Weapons: Berserker GS & Invader Staff (+ Invader Spear) | I also got a Berserker sword/Invader sword for occasional small scale roaming. Because of the centaur runes I don't need a focus and it's quite freeing.

P.S. Odd Rituals' signature is giving me a headache... >_>
  17. Offline

Elfins Veteran BOON

Working on Invader set+Fighter runes (need two more parts).
    Accessories: 4x berserker, 1x knight.
    Weapons: p/t/v staff of bloodlust, p/t/v scepter of energy, p/t/v focus of the berserker (for skirmish staff+p/p/crit gs of force).
  18. Offline

Jynks Community Member

Armour: Two valkyrie pieces, the rest is Berserker. I am using the Centaur runes as I lack a speedbuff of my own.
    Accessories: Full Berserker.
    Weapons: Berserker GS and a WvW staff (toughness/vitality/power). I am using the Bloodlust rune (10 power for each kill, stacks up to 25).
  19. Offline

Odd Rituals Community Member

Good that it works :D
  20. Offline

Axle Community Member

Fresh 80 running with Yellow Rares but im working on it.