WowCrack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mantle, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

Cancelled my account, let's see how long I last ............
  2. Offline

adagio Moderator

Well, you have three choices.

You can either accept wow was the greatest mmo you will play but has had its day. Then move onto other genres and its great games.

Look for another mmo but live in eternal disappointment as one after the other just doesn't match that original feeling.

Or go back to wows bubble world where blizzard has turned its back on lore and innovation. To sit in the safety of suckling on a mothers teet of familiarity while draining the resources of its users.
  3. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

sage advice, you missed out. Constantly being ridiculed by your real life friends who quit it a long time ago :p
  4. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

I played wow all throughout it and never agreed/thought it was the greatest mmo I have played/will play. That'll forever belong to UO and DAoC, for me.
  5. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

cant agree selenus as WOW was my first MMO it will remain the best
  6. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Each to their own. I've never been big on any of Blizzard's products, they're no more than a cash cow who hardly take their customers seriously. For me their best title was D2/LoD and even then they let exploits/duping get so out of control because they really didn't care much.

Vanilla was, for me, WoW's best period, and even then didn't compare to my other favourites.
  7. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

I enjoyed Vanilla and TBC, after that tho I played purely to chat with fellow guildies and generally cause mischief.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

I loved wow. I just hated what it became. When cracked server emulators become better than the actual game you have to wonder what the devs are doing. I've seen private wow servers that let you build towns and cities on the map. I've seen others that get rid of all quests/npcs and just let you roam and fight for life.

You kinda lose the love when some amateur is coming up with better implemented ideas.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

My exact thoughts on WoW.

Back when it was a ground breaking game, it was probably one of the best we will ever see. Now that it is nothing more than a money printing machine for dumbed down gamers, it is sad to see what it has become.
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I vote for this to be on the back of the MoP box.
  11. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Funny, I think the mechanics behind wow are still much more advanced then gw2...
  12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I'm still wishing they'd release a vanilla server at some point. :)
  13. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Blizzard will never open one. :(
  14. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

Dear god no. Spamming Healing Touch Rank 4 and innervating a priest is not my idea of fun :p[/quote]
  15. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

innervate bots is where the druuuuuids belong
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Nobody'd force you, vanilla was still WoW at its best, nobody remembers or longs back for TBC (perhaps those epic raid instances when lore still meant something), WOTLK or Cata.

I have no idea where you belong. :p
  17. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I do :(

I miss 5-man heroics that were actually hard :(
  18. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Vanilla and tbc was amazing

The rest is a blur
  19. Offline

adagio Moderator

Depends, the one thing I miss about the original is that it seems the devs were learning about the game alongside players. Players created pvp in Southshore and devs reacted. It just doesn't seem like that anymore :(
  20. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Sure, like I said, instances mainly (although DM North and West, Scholo and Strat could be a challenge until you had the gear, which was way later), but TBC was also when it all began coming down, with resilience and other fucked mechanics, the casualization, etc.

Funny I just got a newsletter mail today from this private authentic patch 1.12 vanilla server I played on the months before SWTOR release. Would be tempted to try it again but having tried it once I'm afraid it wouldn't work due to a number of reasons.