WoW Vanilla

Discussion in 'Blizzard Games' started by Fallanx, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Yes, your point being? You mean they can be strong-armed going back again? :D
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well given the lame balls post by Blizz today, looks like the only way to play vanilla is Kronos (who are putting a second vanilla PvP server up).
  3. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Yes alot of pve kids cried it wasnt pve, which turned wow into a kid game in the first place. And its packed and starting zones are unplayable atm.
  4. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Link bro?
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611300963#1

That's their only official statement to date, although they are getting bad press from most media saying the excuses are weak.
    Picture on reddit showed the new Kronos II PvP server with a 4k queue with wait time of over 2hrs when it launched today.

The petition video was a bit cringey...

6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

The main excuse is they have to act on any breach of copyright for their IP. If they don't then they will lose legal standing on the next guy to breach that copyright.

Example:

They don't persue legal recourse against the private server! I decide to create wow tshirts and sell them at a games faire, i have a much better leg to stand on legally because they didn't do everything in their power to close it down (meaning i have a better defence to make the tshirts).

Bonus point ;)

Other than that, their other "excuse", is for operational reasons, see my post above about additional expenses etc!
  7. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I think the focus from blizzard should be on how to improve the CURRENT game to attract the vanilla players back again. I really dont belive in having 2 seperate instances of the game. The game is supposed to evolve not backtrack to a state that in all fairness was that amazing to begin with compared to todays standards. Im sure many of you have forgotten what a pain in the anus some of the mechanics of the game was back in the day or how unviable more than 50% of the classes/specs were.

TLDR vanilla/TBC was the best gaming i ever had but blizzards focus should be on making wow great again (#trump2016) and not creating a seperat legacy server.

Legion is looking cool so far. What blizzard lacks in current wow is the sense of community and achivements that actually matter. They need to up the difficulty of wow again and make some milestones (like progression and gear) more centered around your server community, be it your guildmates or server wide achivements etc. Make choices matter like proffesions directly impacting your characters ability to do certain things in game.

They also need to fucking delete heirlooms from the game. One of the biggest wow killers is the god damn heirlooms completely nullifying pre max lvl content to shit. Make leveling an experience again that takes almost 1 month of questing through several expansions of WoW and i promise you the world will feel much more alive again. Removing heirlooms makes the dungeon gear in low lvl content usefull and fun to get. Currently leveling a toon in WoW is completely bullshit and can be done from orgrimmar if you have an veteran account with heirlooms, and you never switch out that gear until you hit max lvl.

Remove paid max lvl boost, that shit is retarded.

Remove flying mounts, shit is retarded.

hire me for lead game designer and i will #makeazerothgreatagain

ps. yes i realize i made a TLDR and then started typing even more :D
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

The dude on the video is right though, vanilla wow is history and Blizzard can't just make that type of shit up again, or stuff that compares; but on these vanilla servers you can however relive history and for quite a lot of people that seems to be hot stuff. You can't make "new stuff in the current game" that will lead veterans back, when those oldies only care about "the good old days with Thunderfury, Nefarian, Onyxia, AQ rep farming", etc. They've made attempts to try and use stuff from old content, but you can't create the same vibe again and its that old vibe the Nostalrius people are after, and only that. Still, I don't think Blizzie will open any legacy servers.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Then it would be world of swipecraft! :)
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It's an understandable worry, but everyone seems to be pointing out that everquest managed to license a vanilla project with legal docs in place to protect their IP, so why can't Blizzard do it?

I'm no lawyer, so their probably may be good reason behind Blizzards response, but I just don't trust Blizzard to give an honest answer. Their answers always seem to be what's easiest for Blizzard and not what's best for the gamer.
  11. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

They tought they were too cool for the school and It's snowballed into a PR crisis. Right on time for OW release and the movie campaign, GG bros !

There's so much brand damage around this topic now that they had to start communicating, not that they wanted. The part in the official post explaining themselves is not convincing at all. Most argument against legacy is resolvable with profit to be made, even to blizz standards.

EQ, Lineage, Star Wars Galaxies and others found ways to do it when the game was dead or past his prime, something Blizz would never admit.
    An american ego issue now rather than anything else really at this point, a syndrome affecting most major gaming companies such as Riot, EA, Blizz and so on.

You know, the vision thing in flip-flop while at the office ?

Anyway back to Kronos, land of the free -while it last- and bandana wearers.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

How is it? I saw a fresh server just went up. Is it truly Blizzlike?

I am in two minds whether or not to try as I don't have a lot of free time, so I don't want to play if a month down the line the server gets shut down.
  13. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Its crowded as fuck, you can donate to get 3x exp rate and 50 euros u can donate to get instantly to 60.
  14. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Yes pretty dodgy practises - but not many other vanilla alternatives

I'll try PlayTBC at some point
  15. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Ugh really, pay to level faster/instant 60? Fuck that shit then. Doodle you go ahead, swipecasual.
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well that instantly put me off.

Let me know when there is a truly Blizzlike server with no freemium options.
  17. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

There aren't going to be any, even Nostalrius wasn't 100%.
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I can dream... :(
  19. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

How was nost not 100%

Im playing on excalibur atm, not blizz like and kinda pay2win but meh.
  20. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

You could create horde and ally char on the same account/pvp server -