WoW Vanilla

Discussion in 'Blizzard Games' started by Fallanx, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I have to say I was having more fun on that vanilla server dying and being a scrub and taking forever to do stuff than I have had in a while. The most fun I have had since GW2 has been the classic L2 and classic wow server.... they are simply different beasts, you can't do everything, calsses are not supposed to be balanced and you have to have friends who know how2play, not just face roll a keyboard aoe spamming and looting. Fear of the miss pull and having to work together in key roles is what it should all be about, but alas it is gone from mmo's these days .. /sniff
  3. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Wont make a difference, blizzard shut down that one private server its their right as its their game. Nostalgia is a thing we cling onto. Tho it would take KC 2 months to get to 60 :p
  4. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

This blows.

I didn't play on the server, but it's infuriating that blizzard refuse to open up official realms with old versions because they won't devote the resources to making them functional (when a handful of hobbyists do it for fun) despite the demand being so apparent.

Everquest and even Runescape run classic servers.
  5. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Well that would be them admitting their expansions has failed and they wont do that :p
  6. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

Wow..... i was about to just come here and say JUST PLAY ON NOSTALRIUS BRUH ITS THE SHIT! Really dont get why they have to threaten them with a lawsuit
  7. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

More.
  8. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Feel free to let them know on their FB page - https://www.facebook.com/Blizzard/

Some of the comments are a bit over the top, quote: Blizzard you want them Shekels - Get ebola and die you Jews - Blizzard you're worst than ISIS - Fun time for mods

9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

haha that's fucking funny, man that was arrogant, but this is why mmo's are fucked, he doesn't know who he is talking too,, because he is making games for the new massive mmo cashy every wins theme parks mmos, not the dare I say it "old school" D&D nerd gamers with no server transfers, race, name changes etc etc,

We dont want given lvl 80 toons from a start etc, we want to work with other players, build reputations a community and put in some effort and indeed fail,,, we want 80% of the server to be unable to do content unless they do something pretty special.

YES there might be more money in the new mass market everyone wins cashy AoE spam mmo's but ther eis still a massive market for the other if they try and do it right.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

For me the real reason (other people will have other reasons I am sure) that I always felt Vanilla was the best was because of the sense of achievement.

Long leveling phase (which I felt made you feel move involved in the quests and the lore).
    No quest help (had to actually read the quests and use brain to work them out sometimes).
    Actually having to travel to places (Gadgetzan to Darnassus, brb till I go watch a movie while my character is on this griffon for an hour).
    Instances that were challenging (and sometimes even getting to the entrance took hours).
    Complete lack of "convenience" tools (no fast travel, no dungeon finder).
    Lack of cross server meaning you had a reputation on your server, and if you were a dick, you had to start over as reputation was king. Nowadays being a dick is king.

I got bored of modern WoW and stopped playing, not because I felt it was easy compared to Vanilla as a lot of people say, because I don't think it is. I think WoW has consistently had a good difficulty level throughout its expansions with non of them being standout for being ridiculously easy. I stopped playing modern WoW because there was no sense of achievement when you completed something. Again, this is not because it was easier, it just always felt like my achievements didn't matter. I am not sure if this is because as the game got more "convenience" features added, I as a player got less involved in the game world itself (less time spent questing, travelling, reading, etc.) but I never got the same sense of achievement from killing a boss in any of the expansions (with the exception of TBC) that I felt in Vanilla.
  11. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

In before Acina. Would play, pay and stay. Done it before, would play on that type of excellent server again. Now proceed being mad about old stuff.
  12. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

[IMG]

kronos brus
  13. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Server broken, no way he could win
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

WHUR DAT PARTY AT???
  15. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

weird situation really. i mean from a business point of view blizzard are doing the right thing, its their ip and all that jazz. Alot of these players will swap to regular wow servers when it gets shut down, but alot will prolly quit alltogether to.

One would think that blizzard would be smart enough to do this kind of server on their own if there are this many ppl signing the petition or playing on this server. i mean if you gonna be cash grabby, atleast do it properly :D
  16. Offline

Gib Community Member

Why would they do that, from time spent on vanilla private servers the majority seem to feel that the "official" game is a bag of shit, hence playing on private servers.
  17. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

because of world of warcraft
  18. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

So how is Kronos compared to Nostalruis?
  19. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

In before me what?
  20. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

They never will, it's a brand image thing now! I would also hazard a guess that running an old version of the game would have far more cost involved compared to a private server -