WoW Legion Healers

Discussion in 'Blizzard Games' started by Selenus, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Ohai everyone.

So, from what I've read, got feedback on from mates in Beta and I've watched, I'd say we're looking at 5 healers. This probably goes down to 4 and then 3 for Mythic. By all means, at any point, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or you have better information, this is what it's for!

I think as long as we have a healthy spread of healers, we'll be okay. So a resto druid, a resto shaman, a holy pala, a holy priest and a mw monk. I did not include disc because lets face it, they're seriously under performing in terms of heals. In fact, Blizz themselves have announced disc is more of a "support" role than a straight up healer in Legion.

A healthy spread of healers will not only provide varied cooldowns but also cover roles nicely. For example, in Legion, holy pala is a great ST healer but weak AOE. Conversely, resto shaman is great aoe but weak ST. Holy priest is good at both but not top tier at either. Resto druid needs a nerf because it performs amazing on both - you see where this is going.

So yeah I just wanted to leave this out there while we're looking at recruitment - Let's make sure we get a balanced setup!
  2. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Main resto druid here :3
  3. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Lol firoz as resto you are forever a rogue!
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

My advice is, pick the class you find the most fun and not just the spec. In legion flexibility is going to be a thing and loving your class and that classes complete specs goes a long way.
  5. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I've never played a rogue in any game, bro?! :eek:
  6. Offline

Darkpride Veteran BOON

From my point of view after Beta:

In doubt bring holy paladins ;) awesome spec this time around.
    shamans/druids/monks quite okay. Priest just be shadows its better this way =D
  7. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Holy Paladin
    4 Resto Druids

Not even joking, maybe take 1 resto shaman to soak gear because all hunters rerolled
  8. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Yeah resto druids perform really well. I suspect they might be slightly adjusted. Still, I think we should have a varied healer team - definitely should have a druid, a holy priest, a pala and a shaman there.
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

yeah that is the plan
  10. Offline

Bluestar Veteran BOON

I would like to play resto shamy, but currently it seems the dps specs are shit. So not sure if i wanna main the class atm..
  11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Enhance is very good dps atm, although quite boring to play!
  12. Offline

Darkpride Veteran BOON

And aren`t Elementals like ripping the shit apart? oO Mung is pretty hyped =D

on the other hand... i really don´t see designwise a point to burden a raid with a holypriest and if you want to stack its druids anyways..if you dont want to stack it kinda doesn`t matter anyways how you fill the non pala slots.
  13. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Hpriest is behind Resto druid (as are all other healers), but still performing very well. We won't be stacking healers.

There will also be a balance patch before Legion is out (like with every other expansion), so we'll have to see what we get from there. Which is why we want a varied healer team anyway.
  14. Offline

Darkpride Veteran BOON

It is not about the values with Hpriests (they have always been a good meterspecc and a very theoryspecc), but in beta the design was annoying as hell to work with as other healers, because they depend so heavy on their midrange cds (which in addition feel wrong in wow anyways but thats another thing) so the others have to play around them without giving you an real edge. I personally (and most guys/gals i talked to) found it pretty annoying to play with this spec in a team not to speak of which psychotherapist you should consult if you actually enjoy that spec ( GET HELP!) :D
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

are you and balmung joining us darkpride? :)

I miss the mong
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I for one am looking forward to a bro-down between mr Confusio Darkpride and Ragemeister Selenus, discussing them healz, on TS, in the middle of a raid, making Doodle mad. :D
  17. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Ah man wish i could join you guys sadly life is winning.
  18. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

lol, I actually chuckled :D
  19. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

My money is on Life :)
  20. Offline

Darkpride Veteran BOON

Bro we are warriorbros now :p no more healz :D and naw we are not coming :)