WoW - Help

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Firoz, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

So another week another game?

After getting Hsulfed in Rift I am now playing WoW again.
    I leveled a Paladin till level 30, didn't like him, deleted him.

This is where I want your help brahs!
    I am looking for a class with HIGH survivability in PvP.
    It may be a support class but primarily I want to kill people.

I read about this Resto Druid. Do you think this might suit my needs?
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

[IMG]

Also Paladins have crazy survivability, but if your going to make decisions about end game performance of any character at level 30, your going to find that its not what you expect at max level.
  3. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I know that Paladins have high survivability, but I didn't like the class mechanic.
    At level 30 you don't have any "auto-attack" skill without a cooldown. Plus I was getting raped in 1 vs 1. :(
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

A high durability pvp class during my time was the warlock
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

All classes have an auto attack, Paladins being melee have a swing, I can't remember the timing of it though.
  6. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Yes, I know. But I mean a skill which can be used as auto-attack. Or at least an attack skill without cooldown.
  7. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

The only classes that have that are the combo builders rogue/druids. Wow is a bit different it has an autoattack which replaced the need of spamming a skill over and over
  8. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

So that's another reason to roll a druid, right?
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Your trying to find a WoW class that plays like a spam happy newfag MMO class where you can just button mash skills. WoW doesn't offer this. It's a game from a different time and being completely serious and not trying to troll or be cruel, I don't think you will like/enjoy WoW unless you change your way of looking at the game.
  10. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

That's strange because WoW must be one of the only game with no zero sec cooldown damage skills.
    Just strafing around doing nothing feels so weird.
    Casters do have such skills. I guess I might roll a caster then. :(
  11. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Most of your damage as a melee class comes from that white auto attack damage anyway. Wow is more about using the right rotation or cooldown at the right time and positioning and countering your oponnent.

Even as a caster you will quickly find that there is not a single class that spends its whole time spamming away on one ability if it wants to be 100% effective

Try Druid it can be a tank/melee dps and Mage/healer all in one class
  12. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Just go rogue.
  13. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Most casters got zero cd skills :p
    Either they got cast time and do a fair bit of damage, they are instant but require a proc to get more damage out of it or it is a dot skill.

Based on what you have mentioned you are looking at feral druid, rouge or windwalker monk for damage.
    Healing probably resto druid followed by monk or disc priest.

So I would suggest you try a druid to start with since it offers two of the choices.
  14. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

That they do, but there is a GCD and thus they can't be "spammed" in the sense that Firoz/Aspira are talking about.
  15. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

No no, I don't care about GCD. I mean the cooldown on some skills. ;)
    There was GCD in RIFT and SWTOR too.

Aspira Acina
  16. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Shortly put, if your looking for combat similar to GW2 (spamable, autocast etc) you are shit out of luck - I don't know of another game that is anywhere near similar.
  17. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

No, I was not looking for such combat. I wanted just 1 skill which I can use without cooldown. Like the monk's "Jab"
    That's why I didn't like the Paladin. And from what I saw in low level PvP the Paladin was only great when he had a healer near him. Might be a problem on my end.
  18. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

A few extra pointers,

Don't delete characters, you need at least 1 lvl 55 on your account to even test a Death Knight out - if it's the name you are after just name change down the line.

You shouldn't base anything on pvp, especially when you are at the front end of the bracket (10-19, 20-29, 30-39 etc etc), at the last update Blizzard cut out a lot of the skills in the lower levels to make it less confusing for new folk to play.
  19. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Sooo, I rerolled a Paladin. Specced Holy Paladin and OMG ITS AWESOME. Kinda silly I deleted my previous Paladin, but the new one is almost level 30 too. ;)
  20. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I can attest to the awesomeness of holy paladin, especially when you get to look this fabulous whilst RPing

[IMG]

I don't really play WoW anymore, but I've been playing holy for longer than I'd like to admit so if you need any advice I can probably help :)