SC2 Would you pay to watch Starcraft 2 ?

Discussion in 'eSports' started by Aspira, Feb 14, 2012.

Welcome to the BOON Control Community!
You're currently viewing our site as a guest user. or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions - as well as removing advertisements!

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Cheers Xom, been planning on giving SC2 (watching not playing) a chance to see if I can get into it. Would these games be a good introduction or a bit complex? If you know a better video (open to everyone btw) PM me a video link.
  2. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

This might be worthy of its own thread cause slightly offtopic? Sort of: How to get into watching SC2 e-sports/recommendation thread?

But to answer your question:

Totalbiscuit got me into it about a year ago, but I've moved on to more substantive casters.Warning: Watching SC2 is very addicting!

To be honest, the live experience and excitement can not be caught on any vod, so watching live tournaments is the way to go.

Assembly vods (liked above) might be easy to get into because of the balance of the 2 casters (substantive/play-by-play) and have some great games.

www.sc2casts.com has many interesting casts and ranks those, but has many amateur casters. Best of 2011 selection: http://sc2casts.com/best-of-2011/

This is one of the most fun recent games if you like ZvZ, casted by Tasteless and Artosis, currently the top commentators, and with the 2 best zergs in the world playing.

A quick google gave this as a brief overview of good matches/casts, though it is quite old and the nature of casting/commentating/even the interface has changed by now.

I loved the Blizzard Cup 2011 finals, but sadly they are behind a paywall. Illegal downloads are on the internet, somewhere!
  3. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Personally I wouldn't pay for a weekend tournament, only something that spans for over 2 weeks with a fair bit of matches going on most days with high skill players/teams.

Like the GSL, which I don't watch anymore.

My interest in Starcraft II has died down completely due to Dota II having constant tournaments.
    I started watching Dota II tournaments as soon as they started picking up after the International, so that's what I've been keeping my eyes on instead of Starcraft.
  4. Offline

Trixeh Veteran BOON

Watch husky, fizee