Worst Company in America 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aspira, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So I didn't make a thread about this earlier because the competition is a bit silly to be honest, its just a bunch of pitchfork wielders dishing out "justice", but there has been quite a funny post made by EA about this years competition.

Those who don't know, EA won the competition in 2012 and it looks like they are going to win again this year as they have won each of their rounds so far by a substantial margin. So, EA's "chief operating officer" makes a blog post about the competition on EA's site.

Now, before you think, man, that's pretty decent on EA to post about this and admit they have made mistakes in the past and that they are going to change to give the gamer a better service.... no. What they did was say that the only reason they are winning is because everyone voting for them is a homophobe. Oh, well not entirely, if your not a homophobe, then your a disgruntled Madden fan.

The EA article is here: http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

The response from Consumerist (the guys running the competition) is here: http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/e...-success-on-homophobes-and-whiny-madden-fans/

It's not a secret I hate EA and think the best thing that could happen to gaming is if a meteor landed on EA HQ, but this latest post from EA is just, wtf...
  2. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Nuff said.
  3. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I will be bitter about SimCity for a long time.
    That being said, Valve tied their own titles to steam long before EA did it with origin.
  4. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

True but valve atleast got most their shit together(HL3 HURRDURR), EA has not done anything good in ages(correct me if im wrong) Also FUCK EA
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Fuck Origin and FUCK STEAM TOO! If I have to have either of those I just pass the game by, its computer game, buy, install, play simple.
  6. Offline

Ywvi Community Member

Talking about EA .... 2 days ago I bought FIFA 13 for pc and for the 1st time in my life I had bought an original title which didn't work.The game would crash no matter what I tried.You can Imagine the rage when I looked it up and I found thousands of similar posts dating from release which was back in October 2012 until NOW! 5 hours later I managed to get it to play but there are still people who haven't. Officially there hasnt been a response or even a hint of solution on EA's behalf.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Simcity is quite similar.
  8. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I want to work for EA :)
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

11. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Lol
  12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

And the award for "Most Accumulated Nerdrage/E-tears vocalized on the internet" goes to...
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i very much doubt that statement from EA is real, but if it was he is pretty accurate though :p

There are far worse company's then EA, a video game publisher, seriously. Mine has bribed itself in to Euroasia and works with dictator governments purely for profit, the CEO's comment about this? "Our shareholders are bathing in money and so are we" yeah his exact words in our internal company kick-off party

The real world is much more cruel then the traffic in Sim City
  14. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

EA one of America's worst companies? When they plan mass genocide I may agree.

Until then, we have PETA
    Can't hug every cat :(

http://imgur.com/gallery/q5awp