Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, May 7, 2013.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Bethesda has announced Wolfenstein: The New Order, a first-person shooter due out on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and the next Xbox at some point during Q4 2013.
    According to Gamespot, it's set in 1960 in a what if? scenario that sees the Nazis win World War 2. You play American war hero B.J. Blazkowicz and fight back.
    As rumoured, Wolfenstein is being made by MachineGames, the ZeniMax-owned studio founded by former members of The Darkness and Chronicles of Riddick maker Starbreeze.
    “We are excited to bring a new chapter of Wolfenstein to gamers everywhere,” said Jens Matthies, creative director at MachineGames. “As fans of the series, working on this game is an honor, and our team is driven to create an unforgettable action-adventure experience that will make FPS fans proud.”

2. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Stopped reading here, commence lol.
  3. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

4. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Lolol...

Wish they'd just continued with Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory. IMO that game had better gameplay elements than TF2 and custom servers allowed that game to keep an active community for a very long time. Plus, it was free ^^

If they're developing for 'all' platforms, I'm always skeptical. Means they'll have to lock in to xbox controls and graphics for almost everything.
  5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

6. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

7. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Looks to have a cool story potential and i used to play wolfenstein as a kid. might buy!
  9. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Killing nazis, what is there not to like?
  12. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

13. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

No MP /pass
  14. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

In fairness, there are absolutely tons of multiplayer FPS games out there. Many of which have extremely weak single player modes (if any at all.... Titanfall...). It would be nice to see a strong single player FPS.
  15. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Dont get me wrong, I like the IP and I'm not entirely against SP FPSs but appart from a few exceptions like Dishonored, Fallout, etc, they tend to be very linear with low if any replayability. I still hope the game will deliver.

Wolfenstein Enemy territory from splashdmg was one of the best MP FPS of its time so they are in effect removing a feature from this IP. And what the fuck is this argument about 'theres already plenty of MP FPS' ? Yes, they are also plenting of solo FPS..

In any case, who gives a shit, they will sell shitload on consoles.
  16. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

17. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

really good game, awesome people who made it :) bild.JPG
  18. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

My son is all over this shit and will be his first game for his new xbox 1 he is getting at the end of next week after his last exam....

You hear that Rev's XBOX 1
  19. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

hahaha

he got scammed by the store :(

dude how old is your kid btw? its kind of a violent game xD
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Scottish, he'd see more violence walking home from the shops on "payday" at the post office