Windows 10 preview

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by adagio, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Any one using the technical preview on they're computer at the moment? Seeing if its worth the change from 7.
  2. Offline

Thraene Community Member

3. Offline

Gib Community Member

4. Offline

adagio Moderator

Its ok, I'm one of those englishman who couldn't give a shit how it's spelled. I know others take it seriously but meh.
  5. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Considered giving it a try but finding no fault in my Windows 8 install which I actually prefer by a lot over Windows 7 now that I've used 8 for quite a while.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Communist!!! :)
  7. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

English men?
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Englishmen, no space.
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Depends if its englishmen or english men no? ;)
  10. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

Been using windows 10 for a while now, we get it real early at the university. I'm a big fan, it's fairly similar to 7 and it doesn't keep much of the shit from 8, so overall quite impressive. Looks pretty.

The multiple desktop feature is useful, I have one for my work programs and one for my casual stuff that I use on lunch or when I can't be arsed working.

Being able to switch between a work domain account and a windows live personal login is pretty awesome as well.
  11. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

12. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Still don't get why people keep saying Windows 8 is crap, finding it quite good since I started using it at 8.1 sure it was probably not the best at release but it's working really well so far for me.
  13. Offline

Gib Community Member

Skipped 9 and gone one better, I know where they got the idea.

14. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

It 'works' fine, it's just an awful UI and has absolutely no place in a business environment. Home users can make do with it, but it doesn't really add anything to 7 and in my opinion makes doing anything that little bit more awkward than it would have been in 7.
  15. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

For business sure that might be valid.
    As a home user though I got several things I find more convenient with the 8.1 ui over the windows 7 one and no real drawbacks after the minimal time it took until I was used to it.
    The behind the scene improvements are working quite well for me as well.
  16. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

For gaming Directx 11.1 is a major update compared to win7 - Anything else related to this OS has been a fail for me, especially the broken network -
  17. Offline

adagio Moderator

Just to let you know. Windows 10 will be free if you own a copy of either win7 or win8.
  18. Offline

Paran Community Member

For some reason I can't download it on the site :-(
  19. Offline

adagio Moderator

This is only when Win10 is released. It will be free for the first year. Probably because only 10% of pc owners only brought win8.

20. Offline

Ilyria Veteran BOON

I'm waiting to get a release version, previews are usually buged :( (yeah i know, it's the purpose more or less of a preview :p)