Win a trip to Seattle and visit Arenanet!!!! ZOMFG!

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Katiechops, May 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Are you a Guild Wars 2 fan? Do you think all your friends should play Guild Wars 2? Summon all your creative and persuasive powers and make your own one-minute Guild Wars 2 promotional video that explains why you think people should play the game at launch. Keep in mind that all entries must be in English. Two lucky fans will win a Grand Prize trip to ArenaNet's brand new studio near Seattle, Washington, and spend the day playing Guild Wars 2 with the ArenaNet dev team!

Spread the Word

Last year, in our Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto Video, we talked about the key features that make Guild Wars 2 unique and appealing to all gamers, whether they like MMO games or not – dynamic events, personal story, visceral combat, and incredible visuals.

Now we want you to pick up where we left off.

If you're a huge Guild Wars 2 fan and you know you're going to play the game at launch, here's your chance to shine. We challenge you to create a unique, one-minute Guild Wars 2 manifesto video that shows your friends and everyone else why they should also play Guild Wars 2!

The sky's the limit. You can do anything as long as the video is fun, engaging, and less than one minute long! We're looking for passion, creativity, and a clear understanding of Guild Wars 2's key features. Make a video blog, live action skit, infomercial, machinima, info-graphic, animation, or anything else you can dream up – as long as it shows people why Guild Wars 2 is the game for them! You can use our Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto video as inspiration, but we're looking for you to dig deep into your creative brains and come up with original and outstanding videos!

Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PDT on Thursday, May 12, 2011. Winners will be announced on or around Thursday, May 26th 2011 and will be posted on www.guildwars2.com. Please see the Official Rules for more details.

The Prizes

17 winners (2 Grand Prize Winners, 2 First Place Winners, 3 Second Place Winners, and 10 Honorable Mentions) will receive one of the prizes below. (The total estimated retail value of all prizes is approximately $10,610.00 US. Cash alternatives are not available.) The prizes are as follows:

Grand Prize (2 Awarded):

A trip to visit ArenaNet's new studio in Bellevue, Washington. Winners will spend time with the ArenaNet development team and play Guild Wars 2. Includes air transportation and a single room hotel accommodation for up to 3 days for the winner and one guest.
    Approximate total retail value of prize package:
    $4,300.00 US.

First Place (2 Awarded):

One custom Guild Wars 2 Antec P193 chassis. This full tower chassis is the ultimate in quiet, cool computing, with a 200mm side-mounted fan and a KÜHLER H₂O 620 water cooling unit that is easy to install and whisper quiet. Powered by the HCG 750 – the PSU choice of professional gamers – the Antec P193 comes with soundscience rockus with 2.1 speakers for a 3D personal theater experience and bias lighting that reduces eye fatigue and allows you to game in comfort for hours.
    $650 US.

Second Place (3 Awarded):

One Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 video card with 1GB RAM.
    $170.00 US.

Honorable Mention (10 Awarded):

One Art of Guild Wars 2 Book, signed by members of the Guild Wars 2 development team.
    $20.00 US.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Why did they need to tell us the cash value of each prize and the total amount they are spending on this event when cash alternatives are not an option ? Seems a bit like they are trying to go "LOOK AT US WE ARE SPENDING $XXX ON PRIZES!!!!!".

I like when big companies give out nice prizes like this as it shows how much they appreciate the community and the gamers, but I don't like that the feel the need to tell us the monetary value of the prizes, seems a bit "LOOK AT ME" attention seeking.

Anyways, this is a pretty awesome competition, anyone going to be entering it ?
  3. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

i will, started gathering some ideas, already have some tools that i want, still missing others, but im defenitly goign to try, be carefull about the "time limit for new entries", its only till

good luck ;)

4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Go go Domain!!! :dance:

If you win you need to turn up to the offices drunk and naked. It's traditional for you. ;)
  5. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I don't understand either, can you even really put a price on that experience?
  6. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

xD ... ssshhhh, dont say it to loud or they might "pass" on my attempt!
  7. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

btw, while reading the rules, searching for more ideas, i found that, and i quote:

i had to take off some stuff from my movie due to that.

take care.
  8. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Classical music is okay to use as background, i think... Nevertheless the gw soundtrack with jeremy soule is more than enough ;)
  9. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

there are some awesome videos going around, mine personally sucks xD.

my "artistic vein" is rotten since birth, i believe.

but well, had a great fun anyway.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You sound like the guy who reads the terms and conditions at the end of advertisements, lol.
  11. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Omg domain, lololol
  12. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

hehe excellent :)
  13. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

might aswell crack some skulls!
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

How many other BOON's have made a video for this competition, I'd like to showcase them on our front page.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  16. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

my money is on the germans,,,,

17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I preferred Domain's :p
  18. Offline

Tal The Architect

Domain you crazy bastard.
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

He should have shot the video outside the Mexican embassy. :giggle:
  20. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

If he becomes an interent sensation I can make a fortune posting the naked pics of him in Brighton.... /result