Wildstar

Discussion in 'NCSOFT Games' started by Fallanx, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

2. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Looks like Starwars, or a bit better, shout-out to Group A. Kids mmo?

Yeah, meant the actual gameplay, not this movie.
  3. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I wish this was a movie.

Looks beautiful.
  4. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Anyone got some gameplay footage recording link for me to "re-watch" ? i saw some on the ncsoft stream but i wanted to take a better second look at it...
  5. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I found it! Honestly after looking at this footage, i got way more better impressed.
    Still:
    - boss gibbing into pork chops and chicken legs
    - "Mini-bosses" didnt seem to be very active, they do aoe, yes, but they kind of standed still in the same spot...
    + Graphics are cartoon full-throttle style. with no holds barred.
    + Playability seemed nice.
  6. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I had a play on this and its was pretty good, its very much a very polished little snippet of a very individual dividual "cartoonie" style that people with either love or hate I guess. I loved the animations on the charaters when doing thier skills etc, and the Carbine love thier baby and I am sure they are going to produce something special in the future but have no idea when I guess it willbe a while considering this was them annoucing that this actually exists.

Consider until 2 days ago no one had even heard of it it was EH? wtf is this, I'd only ever seen bits of screenshots thier fansite used as a backgroud up until this I thought it was an under water game! I wouldn't read too much into the game just yet,its was nice, felt good to play, whether it will be just another generic mmo or bring something really special of with a difference time will tell but I wouldn't write this game of based on just initial look or content seen so far all you saw was a glimpse of a/the (dunno if there are more or not) starter zone.
  7. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Gameplay vid removed?
    Well the trailer thingy looked nice though...
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Played this at gamescom and it is epic. Been chatting to the devs about it and I am really excited for this game.

Go to www.carbinecentral.com and sign up if you are interested in the game.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  9. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

The gameplay we've seen so far has been ..vague, I'll keep an eye on it
  10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

So what's so awesome about it? whats new/different?

Visually it reminds me alot of Allods.
  11. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

We dont know; most features arent announced yet. Most Gamescon's feedback from the demo is very good tho
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I think it looks like a basic mmo in space. Most of the feedback from gamescom seems to be very meh about it.
    Would have to see something which makes it special before I care about this ip.
  13. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

mixes fantasy with sci-fi... if they make it with a rf-like pvp system... with tabula rasa gameplay... you have a winner :p
  14. Offline

Tal The Architect

15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

They have a shitload of guys who worked on WoW Vanilla and TBC. It's not an exact copy of their art style, but it is cartoony like WoW, Torchlight, etc. etc. It is a really good game to play. If you guys can get a hold of it at another convention you should, it plays really well.
  16. Offline

Gekido Community Member

17. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You keep saying it plays well aspira, but from everything I've seen it's just another WoW looking hotkey game.
    Is there anything innovative which we should know about or is it just that it's a well made WoW in space.
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Your best to watch this video of Jeremy Gaffney talking about the game at gamescom.

It's long, but it basically goes over what their goal is for the game, and it's quite interesting.
  19. Offline

Mizou Community Member

this vid also explains far more any of us can tell u. I myself found it first unatractive (i allready disliked wow for the same reason) but had to play it at least once and found myself standing at the booth for almost 45minutes and that about 3 times during a break :)
  20. Offline

Bluestar WoW Officer

game looks awsome, and it does look like wow abit but and im glad it does!!!