Why so set on GW2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shantotto, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I don't get it really, I've had a nice break from MMOs ( was hoping ff14 wasnt going to suck but c'est la vie ).

Atm I see GW2, Rift: Planes of telera and TERA all as viable options,
    You never really know whether something is going to warhammer or not, so getting all hyped before playing the crap out of a beta at least seems a bit optimistic.

I'm sure people will try all 3 of these and whichever is the best will have the bigger subscription base.
    Why not just try all of them?
  2. Offline

Tal The Architect

We have played the crap out of the beta.
  3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Hook a brother up with a beta key? ^^

Beta's still dont mean much, if after launch support +dev is horribly lacking ( hi aion, warhammer, etc ).
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Watch it in high def fullscreen Shanto. :p
  5. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Trailers mean even less than beta :p I made some pretty good looking ff14 videos for friends who wanted a look at the beta.
  6. Offline

Mizou Community Member

why other games suck more then gw2 would suck

Rift:
    claiming to be amazing while stuff that is on a standart list are not available yet (guildbank...)
    globalcooldowns
    the rifts seem cool but are just boooring
    gameplay is pure shit

Tera:
    omg plz give me a shooter MMORPG with allready working AutoAimBots yeah great good looking future i tell u and even if they ban and do shit there will always be a new person doing the shit
    a real hardcore grinder so far
    gameplay and key movements suck

while we do not know what gw2 will bring as well, but im not going to spend 150 € to buy 3 other games that i wont play longer then 30 days cause it would reduce the awesome waittime for GW2 to find out i waisted even more of my time :p

but yeah lets not hype gw2 in the heaven, it could fall deep as well tough gw1 was realy amazing. introducing new key elements (no healer - fear ?) might be a gamebreaker who knows and it can fail as well.
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

TERA wins, boob physics!
  8. Offline

Miyo Community Member

played R.I.F.T and yea, it sucks... -,-
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Bah, look closer Shanto you noob.....

*Names of the pets and chars*
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Tbh, other than GW2, I only see Firefall as being an upcoming MMO that I would be interested in playing, and like GW2, no release date.
  11. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Until any game is released and mass tested/played for half a year I don't think it can be judged as being good, look at every MMO since WoW was released, regardless of the beta's or trailers until its played day in day out for months and its real content is rated you can't say "this will be awesome" simply from looking at past releases, WAR which was good in beta but turned out terrible or Aion which we all loved but around a year later is dying a painful death.

That said, GW2 does look awesome, has some really good features, just hoping they can deliver and the game plays as well as it should, other than ToR which looks/gameplay leave a lot to be desired I don't think there is much more out there or on the horizon currently.
  12. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Its Shanto, don't be subtle, the "trailer" is BOON Control ie us killing the boss for a games conference in Paris a couple of months ago. There is no Closed or Open beta as of yet.

So why GW2, because it was great fun, smooth and with alot of great features,,, and its not even in beta yet, games like Warhammer weren't as polished 1 year AFTER release let along 1 year before!

But we saw and heard enough from our week with NCSoft to think this is gonna be our next big thing hence the early website.
  13. Offline

Mizou Community Member

never trust ncsofts word unless u get beta keys for us !
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Lol Rodwen. If there ever does come a time where getting keys is a possibility, your only getting one if you come play WoW for the net few months. :p
  15. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

For me Rift wasnt all that good as said. The stale combat killed it for me.

But both GW2 and SWTOR are the ones I will try out and see if they hold up.

I think both have great potential although SWTOR seems to go the route of singleplayer more then GW2 does.
  16. Offline

RaK Veteran BOON

Dont know if it's just me, but luring a player to play wow through the possibility of getting a gw2 beta key just seems wrong in every possible way xD
  17. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Good thing about GW2 is that you can play it like singleplayer or in groups which is really cool. Another thing i love in this game is HUUUUGE world and many diferent quests and dynamic events.
  18. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

LOL Aspira you really want roddy to play wow dont ya ... even tried to get me to talk him around on msn xD

<3
  19. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I loved gw1 pvp, since it was really competitive and it had the "thing". The "thing" was what made me spend hours around making build thinking of counters for FOTM builds, etc etc. I loved that feeling and i know that anyone that actually played gw1 back in the day (for more than 1 month fiddling in pve) will agree with me :)

Now about gw2, there are things that i'm worried about... skill limitation, no cross profession, interrupts, fear, heal, fast cast skills that require korean-like fast reaction time, bodyblock,... well there are many things i will miss for sure from gw1... But we can't get stuck to the past... if the game is GOOD wich despite all the things that worry me, i still think it will be, then it's going to be a hit for sure and it will become ncsoft golden egg chicken.

Now about other games:
    Other than gw2 i'm only looking forward to diablo 3 and sw:tor. The first because i loved diablo 2 so its more or less the same relation gw1 -> gw2 ; diablo2 -> diablo3. And SW:TOR, because it's a sci-fi game and since Tabula rasa that i've been wishing for a new Sci-fi mmo to be successfull and have great mechanics :) (i loved RF online tbh, but its too old i need a game that flows and plays like tabula rasa did, but with actual content other than pve :p )
  20. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

A good sci-fi mmo or anything other than fantasy is needed soooo badly, give guns!