Where's my axe?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gizmodio, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

Weapons One of the things that became apparent early in the development of Guild Wars 2 was that we needed a diverse set of weapons to support our skill system. The full list of standard wieldable weapons in Guild Wars 2 is as follows:
    One-Handed: Axe, dagger, mace, pistol, scepter, and sword.
    Two-Handed: Greatsword, hammer, longbow, rifle, shortbow, and staff.
    Offhand only: Focus, shield, torch, and warhorn.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... no 2 handed battle axes.. thats it, im done... dont whanna play it anymore :(
  2. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

axe is 1-handed in gw1 too. :p
  3. Offline

Jasra Community Member

I miss some pole weapon, lance would be best
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

It's quite silly because I consider a 2h Axe far superior over a 1handed, it's both defensive and offensive. I think despite the unrealistic approach TERA takes the Berserker class is amazing with the Axe, most incredible combat I've seen in a MMO yet.

And a halberd would've be cool too. Personally my favourite weapon to make an interesting to watch combat would be to see a Flail, it just looks so gruesome to kill someone with it, especially charging ahead on a horse.

[IMG]

However the reason they hardly ever add flails to a game is the same reason they never add whip's or forget to add Bowstrings, it has a moving part in it which is the chain.

This weapon would've been great as well:

5. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

[IMG]

Not really a 2h battle axe (more like an axe on a stick) but I'd love to see halberds once...
    And more fun than just spears or something :D

Btw Argaloss, your avatar is DW 1h axes too! :p
  6. Offline

Miyo Community Member

^ halberds ftw, diablo2 style :D
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hook swords tbh...

[IMG]

8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Can I have your stuff?

As long as there are big fuckoff 1h axes I'll be happy! (I'm prob going to play ranged most but would be good to have 2 1h axes as my melee set)
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Infact, lets be honest, we all want to see rope darts make an appearance in the MMO scene....

10. Online

Feidan Community Member

I am in love with everything that uses scythes. Give expansion with a derv like class. Too be honest we will probobly see several weapon types added if they release classes like GW.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Or indeed.... what about emei daggers ?

They are double edges spikes fitted to a ring which you ware on your middle finger, allowing the blades to spin. Pretty amazing visual distraction weapon made by the Shaolin.

[IMG]
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Considering every *type of* weapon has it's own set of abilities in gw2 and another for underwater, I don't think we will see hundreds of diff weapon types, which is a shame I'll grant you.

Edited to avoid confusion
  13. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

No, underwater you get different weapons like harpoon and trident with their own specific skill set...
  14. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

I love Dervishes also... and Scythes :) too bad they didn't make an early appearance in GW2.

I would have liked Paragons also, with their spears.
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ah, would make sense, I've only seen an engineer and elementalist underwater and their weapons remained the same just diff effects (engineers gun fired torps and the eles fire spells became steam and cooling lava balls)
    Was pretty damn cool.

I'll try find the vids on YouTube later
  16. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

How dare you?! My avatar is using titan's grip mate Ability_warrior_titansgrip.png ;)
  17. Offline

adagio Moderator

Titans grip. Another of blizzards great ideas that was just asking for trouble.
  18. Offline

Shantotto Guest

What about cats? You could unleash a bag full of wild cats on your opponent. /rawr/

[IMG]
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

That would be OP though.
  20. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Wait. Wait a second, everyone is forgetting the bat'leth.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]