What Role Do You Enjoy?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, May 10, 2013.

?

What Role?

Main Tank 12 vote(s) 27.3%
Off Tank 7 vote(s) 15.9%
Melee DPS 16 vote(s) 36.4%
Ranged DPS 14 vote(s) 31.8%
Tank Healer 16 vote(s) 36.4%
Raid Healer 16 vote(s) 36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

With Wildstar slowly (too slowly) approaching, and a return of the Holy Trinity, I thought It would be good to see where people's passions lie.

Personally I love Healing, and from experience as a disc priest in WoW, I am a good raid healer.
    Though with a return to world PvP, I may have to go back to my old stabby stabby ways from my old rogue WoW days.

Feel free to select multiple choices.
  2. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Fallanx for maintank, loot priority for him!
  3. Offline

Castspellar Community Member

My main characters is L2 and Aion where mages, in L2 was a Storm Screamer (nuker), but in Aion was where i really enjoied being a mage,
    i can say and friends of mine told me aswell (and keep telling me to go back)that i was a very good CC'er, after that i made a Templar where
    i was also good but mainly because i already knew all the instances and all the pulls.

I dont know if there is going to be a ranged character like a Sorcerer in Wildstar that does more then just nuke ( CC type ), but i like to
    feel more important then just nuke stuff, if that type of character doesnt exist im going to create a Tank.

Although im curious about that Wolverine kinda claws in the video of Wildstar ( stalker or something? )
  4. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Realized I enjoy raid healing after having played WoW for quite a whole now.
    Been trough most type of chars except tank really.
    Mainly prefer ranged dps besides healing.
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Prefer healing (I pretty much always roll a Healer first) but I have always enjoyed tanking as well - most tank healers make good tanks and vice versa ;)
  6. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

For CC and nukige = Esper, got mad CC and nuking abilities (and healing depening on how specced).
  7. Offline

Law Community Member

Main Tank or Main Tank Healer, loved Cleric in Aion so op in pvp. WoD was so much fun :D
    EQ2 HC Raiding as Support Tank (SK) was fun :D that was another op class, buggers couldn't die.
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Don't know if this is NDAlol but can you Arkship guys say if stalker stealth is like WoW's with unlimited stealth but move super slow, or if its on a timer/resource meter?
  9. Offline

Law Community Member

From the videos released by Carbine of Wildstar, it shows the stealth is really really really slow, ofc I have no idea if there is a perk system that makes the speed faster. :D It also looks perma but again it was Dev Videos could have Dev Hacks on :D
  10. Offline

Is there something you guys can share about that claw fellow assassin type? Is he a DPS like an assassin with all that hide and stuff?
  11. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

That's the stalker, he has stealth and can be DPS or Tank.
  12. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Well I almost always play as Archer if it's playable class but i think i would enjoy something like dual sword type class if combat would be more fluent in mmos.
  13. Offline

Law Community Member

Not sure if NDA chaps can say but which of the two current healer class's can heal the most?
  14. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

was a raid main healer for most of my wow career, but after that have mostly played rdps. both are appealing to me.
  15. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

I prefer healing aswell, either main healer or off healer/buffer/debuffer, and have been playing like it in most MMOs i played:
    ToS on Age of Conan, Bard on Rift, Priest on Tera... now necro on GW2 (debuffer). I like to experiment on ranged DPS classes from time to time but i always go back to my roots.
  16. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Ive been a main tank off tank melee dps and tank healer in my mmo life i guess i enjoy them all :p
  17. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

we can talk about our experience from the demo but not the devs visions and plans or anything outside of the demo really. I can do a brief summary of what i experienced during our hands on pve and pvp at arkship.

Stalker: Infinite stealth, does not drain a resource (works like WoW) does not slow you, you move at normal speed. Also all ability's can be used in stealth without breaking it (if you miss for example, or a damage booster can be used and does not break stealth) taking damage does not break stealth. In combat you can still use your stealth mechanic to buff ability's, for example I had a 2,5 sec stun that was 4 second if stealthed. If I happened to be in combat I could pop stealth which gave me a 6-7 second window to use 1 ability as if I was stealthed (does not actually make you stealthed) this had a cd. My dps was a bit lower then the warriors, my mobility was about 100% better then the warriors. I could clone myself, I could leap to an enemy and root them, stun, disarm. I had lots of CC. i had a backstab ability. But i felt like my damage was lacking. melee dps/tank

Warrior: sadly i did not play this class much, Tvar and fallanx did. From what i saw he was rääääpin fäääz. Melee dps/tank

Esper: incredible nuker, great healer. had a bit of CC as well. Kephir played this guy well. Ranged dps/healer

Spellslinger: Had a bit of play time with this class. Has strong charge up nukes. A bit stationary in his attacks but i did hear that this changes on higher levels. Cool animatons. Hard to kill if specced healer in pvp (damn chops) Mostly played by chops and merketh sadly i dont know much.. Ranged dps/healr

There are 2 unannounced classes as well

Ask away i will answer what ever i can
  18. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Why you so bad!?

<3
  19. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

cuz mad

next question
  20. Offline