Website Speed

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Tal, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Tal The Architect

I've done some tuning on my server and was wondering if anyone has noticed any improvements on page load times etc?

The only thing slowing stuff down right now (I think) is the Facebook links, but most pages should load almost instantly now :)
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I cant really say I had much trouble with lag, it's all loading really fast for me. Newest Opera browsing here, works great.
  3. Offline

Tal The Architect

Well I just found a HUGE issue with the slowness on the site (which I now realise is what made me attempt to speed it up in the first place). The steam stats panel was pulling from steam every time someone loaded the page, I've now cached this in the background every 5 minutes so the main forum should load instantly now :)
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Well its pretty much instant right now :p
  5. Offline

Tal The Architect

Yeah, the lag was about 1-2 seconds... which is a long time if you're not used to it on other pages! :p
  6. Offline

Ludacola Community Member

google chrome, fastest for forums, watching vids and media :D
  7. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

It's pretty fast on fx, then again I might block some stuff here and there :confused:
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

Such as?
  9. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

I just have adblock plus/noscript. Everything from Facebook basically gets blocked, since I'm one of the rare people without it I suppose and there are plugins or buttons for Facebook on pretty much every site. It's just clutter for me.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Me either, we should make a club! Haha.
  11. Offline

Tal The Architect

Ah ok. I misunderstood, I thought you meant you were going to block stuff - not that you already block stuff ;)
  12. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

I'll make a Facebook-like site for it ;)
  13. Offline

Mizou Community Member

noscript and facebook blocker ftw ! lets make a group !!!
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

say no to farmville
  15. Offline

Amaris Community Member

you should make a facebook page with "I don't have a Facebook-account".
    oh wai-