We need Elin Race into GW2!!!

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Vissarion, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

my frank opinion is that the elin look retarded and have no place in anything but hello kitty online

but that's just my 2 cents :p
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hey Vissarion, long time no see dude.

I'm currently playing (well trying to play, damn uni work) Elin Slayer and Elin Sorc on the Korean TERA servers and they are awesome dude.
  4. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

hehe nice to see you too aspira ;)
    i was checking tera recently, and my eyes fall into Elin, i was in love :pP
    Instantly made me want to play it.
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

You got the fugly ass Asura to fill that niche in GW2. :)

[IMG]

Can you say Rift-graphics? (and then throw up)
    Only race that looks good atm are the Charr, because they can't look good. Start the flamin' all ye fanboiz. :p
  6. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I play one and have to agree tbh
  7. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

My Azura is gonna sit your hairy fat arse down!
  8. Offline

Kammie Community Member

That looks like an Elin with downs...
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I was gonna play Human actually, but apart from them animations looking rather cool, their faces and shit look as bad as Rift, or worse. Now you might say "graphics don't matter that much" but I'd rather look cool than shit.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hehe.
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

man, why am i not suprised KC is playing a tiny person he has such a fetish for goblins i heard
  12. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

No we don't, because not all of us are pedophiles
  13. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

so the faces and shit look better on rift than in gw2 ? i'm shocked.
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Nothing revolutionary about the graphics in GW2 sadly. Look at the characters, the Norn, Asura, Humans, Sylvari, their faces. >.<
    As I said, all but the beastlike Charr look like crap, Rift - all is forgiven. :p
  15. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

The character design & animation in gw2 are not expextionnal i agree but they are working on it.

However, generally speaking the graphics are very good imo, considering the engine is suppose to run properly on average pc during large scale pve and pvp battles (i.e server vs server).In tera people starts to endure gfx lags in small scale pve.

I also found that screenshots & videos of gw2 does not properly fit the actual quality of the game engine. People in the guild who played the game would agree, appart from a few who changes their mind every time they go take a shit :eek:
  16. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I'd like to actually see and feel GW2 running large scale battles before claiming anything... TERA doesn't even try to do it so comparing the 2 is like comparing Battlefield to CoD. It would be better to compare it to Aion or Warhammer imo.

However aside from that I think the characters in GW2 look great, about the same quality as Aion in a less Asian style (thank god for that, really yearning to something more western). But I guess you are probably only talking about male characters, no idea I seem to never notice them :p
  17. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

QFT.

(you are talking about domain that said that aion had better landscapes than gw2, but then again, he woke up naked on TOP of his bed)
  18. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

How do you compare this GW2 human male:
    [IMG]

To this from Aion: [IMG]

The GW one looks awful and horrid in comparison, I mean, dont make me show you the SWTOR graphics! x(

Either way, sure graphics matter a lot (helluva lot even, to me), but sure if it's an awesome and stable game that can handle RvR properly, it sounds promising.
  19. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

well the first one looks a bit metrosexual and the 2nd looks like he has something up his ass... you already
    took your pick!

PS: yeah chars and NPC's in Guildwars have a tendency to look ''pretty'' and perfect rather than tough. Apart from Charr ofc..

I do see your point, but tbh Aion's males didnt look that ''badass'' either in my opionion.
  20. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Where do u get your screenshot from ? The human with a mulet looks indeed terrible lol :p

Human male
    [IMG]

Human chicks
    [IMG]