WarZ Alpha Gameplay

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TOMMCAT, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

5 min of warZ alpha gameplay. Look nice. Enjoy.

2. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Looks epic imo.
  3. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

That looks awesome.
  4. Offline

adagio Moderator

Hmmm that seems so familiar, yet I can't think why!!!!
  5. Offline

Kim Community Member

Anyone playing The war Z? :)
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

Just to warn you, DO NOT buy this game in its current state.

Its bug ridden, spawns are horribly predictable. Run more than 200 yards and you turn into a wheezing walking piece of meat. Zombie ai bears no relation to what you are actually doing. You could be lying in a bush at night making no sound on you hud when a pack of z will just randomly run at you. There is no relation of injuries taken to damage on your model. You can't break bones so any fall of more than a meter (I'm not kidding, a meter) will infact consume three quarters of your health bar.

Just infact, don't even look at this game. Its all lies on the box.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

There was a post on the forums before about how this game is a complete scam. Was all pulled from reddit and seemed legit.

Will not be buying this. Waiting for DayZ standalone.
  8. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

9. Offline

adagio Moderator

I didn't see the TB video to start with so I could have my own opinion unblemished by others. It truely is one of the most broken game on release I have seen. Apparently you can buy weapons to start the game but due to a numerous bugs they will disappear as soon as you die. Which could be seconds due to randon ai and other players.
  10. Offline

Kim Community Member

What you say is not entirely true, the zombie AI is stupid atm yes, but filled with bugs? no its not.. If you have only watched clips etc, dont speak like you know it all :)
    I've played the games on alpha, and still play it now in the BETA.. It's a BETA so yeah OFC there will be problems and bugs, the game is most DEFENETLY worth getting, I've had so much fun in this game with friends and solo play..
    zombies dont randomly run at you, they run at you if they see you or hear you, if youre in prone or even standing still zombies will not go after you unless they are like 3-4 meters away, which I think its pretty fair.
    The only real problem with the game at the momemt is hackers, but they have banned thousands of hackers already.
    But yeah the game is far from finnished, and all this "propaganda" about them just scamming for money to drop the project is just pathetic really, I dont think they will drop the project if they get support from the community, and even if they will drop it.. you dont spend alot of money on it..
    It's way more priceworthy then alot of other sucky games for 60Euro that is over in 6hours ..

I play the game and I LOVE it, I mean who doesnt love killing all the people you meet :D
  11. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

12. Offline

Kim Community Member

No game will be good if you only loook at the bad side..
    http://forums.thewarz.com/showthrea...oundation-Release-features-hackers-issues-etc

" We've did our last survey yesterday. It got us over 100,000 replies - so we can safely say statistically it represent what our players think. We've got an overall approval of 93% !!! That's INSANE number. 40% just like game as is, 50% like game, but feel it needs more polishing and adding some new features ( yes - server rentals ). 5.5% played game, didn't like it and only 1.5% of respondents - some of the are guys who been recently banned - said they hate game. "

So YEAH the ppl actually PLAYING the game love it...
  13. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

you can buy ammo and survival gear...
    nuff said.

Also, TB is usually right on the money for games I like, except puzzle games... he HATES puzzles... and Dear Esther which I enjoyed.
  14. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

:confused:
    [IMG]
  15. Offline

adagio Moderator

I actually own the game And I know its bug ridden, sloppily designed and shameless cash in of dayz.

First, the devs are good at promising and not delivering. They said maps the size of 200 to 400km but only delivered one map around 75km in size that can only handle 50 players. To make sure players come across each other they placed spawn points not areas. This means in all likelyhood I will spawn on top of another player.

Second, z ai is so incredibly bad that there is an actual delay in the model stopping and actually doing anything. So in theory you can melee any single zombie to death using one simple method. Wait for the zombie to run towards you, wait for him to stop. Hit the zombie twice and then move back. The zombie will now decide to swing but miss then chase again. Repeat til dead. To combat this method the devs decided to make it so a z will take 20 to 30 hits with a torch to kill. This becomes boring after the second kill.

Third, bugs. Omg, how many are there? A fall of one meter is nearly a insta death. The sight and sound indicator are no actual measurement to what a z hears and sees. You can actually get stuck in a bush due to sloppy modelling work. If you die you have to leave the server you are on to make a new character. All the more annoying if you happen to spawn next to a player who owns q gun due to buying it and he decides to kill you.
  16. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Its not only a few...
  17. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Has been removed from sale on Steam, apparently
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

yeah, but its not a scam >.<

They also released a statement appologising for customers misreading the description and features list...

Misreading.... Not their fuck up but the customers!

Also a new TOS has been rolled out banning refunds... Which is illegal.
  19. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts

I have nothing against War Z and i was refraining myself from judging as i didnt try out the game, but this interview really caught me for the developer's arrogance, especially when he says

Nice author reply though :D

20. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Valve also offers full refunds for this.