Warhammer 40K Dark Millenium MMO - Vigil Games

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tvar, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

and

It's a really dark setting, some 40.000 years in the future, with a rich lore that has been developed with Games Workshop's tabletop games since like 30 years now. The official website of the game is like non-existant atm but I've been going over all the news and the interviews at http://www.vigilgames.com/. The world is very chaotic and even the so-called good guys are fighting with each other, so I'm hoping for less faction based PvP. It's going to be so awesome! <3

Also, if you've played any of the Dawn of War games, it'll give you a good clue.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Nice thread you made there Tvar... [IMG]
  3. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Thanks, I'll get some more info as we go along..only some silly headstart tonight got me all busy for some time now..
  4. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

They good guys don't fight each other! They all convinced the others are corrupted by Chaos xD
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Yes they do. Dark Angels vs Space Wolves, Eldar vs the Imperium, the list is loong.

Anyway, so far in the game the speculated races are Chaos (demons, cultists, renegade chaos-marines, etc) and Orks (greenskins) as "evil faction races" and the Imperium (humans - the Imperial Guard, the genetically-engineered and enhanced super humans aka the Space Marines) and Eldar (tough "space elves") as "good guy races". Then there'll be the Tyranids, alien-like species controlled by AI, kinda like Balaur in AION perhaps, to PvE against.
  6. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Well yeah but DA think SW are corrupted by Chaos and want to eh purify them and their world ^^
    tbh, SW commander special powers are overpowered :s

Eldar is not a 'good' race according to humans, they'll work together vs Chaos, Necron, Tyranids, Dark Eldar and Orks. But they still enemies. All depends on the Farseer and Commander in question.

Played cron and nids in tabletop ;)
  7. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

FUCK I wanna play this, give big mech warrior to stomp on ppl
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

These mechs are the so-called titans, it's already been said there will be PC-driven vehicles, ranging from attackbikes, trikes, tanks, flying machines, the lot.
  9. Offline

Akhalur Community Member

is this another company making this game ? or same WAR company ?
  10. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Can I be a monolith or a bio-titan? :D
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

12. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

There is no real 'good' 40k tbh they all hate each other :p

Eldar couldn't give a crap about mankind all they want is there objective if it works with or against humans they will quite happily kill them

Space marines will kill anything to get the job done including imperial guard in the way or other space marines that 'may' be corrupt

Imperial Guard are probably as good as it gets but they hate their own commanders :p

Not quite sure how its going to work though, as like 1 space marine is meant to be a walking tank and would take several imperial guards to take him down, will have to stick to lore some how

edit: if THQ are involved its gotta be good
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Thanks for clearing that up, lorelol.
    Naturally everyone and their mom would rather play a Space Marine over a lousy Imperial Guardsman, but they're hinting at stuff like "you start off as a lowbie n00b guardsman, as you level you get access to another class", kinda like prestige classes, the Death Knight in WoW, etc.

THQ that made Dawn of War is all over this, along with Vigil that made Darksiders, using the same engine as their console game on this MMORPG is pretty ambitious. The unreal one iirc.
  14. Offline

bit odd lore wise then as imperial guards aren't good enough to be space marines, they aren't genetically bred for it, i.e. they get scared alot

but they could do things like start of as scout class/initiate > marines > veterans etc

just hope there isn't a million force commanders running about
  15. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Doubt you get your old guardsmen turned into a Marine, yeah this won't happen.
    Atm what I've heard like hints at "humans start off as Guardsmen and then choose their path unlocking other classes, etc"
  16. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Well a guardsman is a veteran after 1 battle, maybe he could get up to inquisitor or commisar ranks etc but that's about it...
    Certainly won't be psykers or SM's etc normally.

Feels a bit strange if you could :s Lore-wise that is...
  17. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

defo playing this as i love the warhammer universe be it oldtime or 40k
  18. Offline

40k so much better than your average orcs, goblins, magical faries and shit :p
  19. Offline

if you've not already seen it (not the 40k online!)
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

There is a movie called Space Marine also. Tbh even if you like 40K lore/worlds/whatever, I cannot recommend it at all. I watched it and felt like suing the makers for making me waste an hour or so of my life. The worst "movie" I have ever seen in my entire life.

It was all computer generated, and tbh, some of the work they did in creating it was very impressive so credit where credit is due, but overall, it was boring and the voice acting was probably the worst in the history of the universe.