Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, May 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

[IMG]

The Warhammer® 40,000®: Space Marine® Collector’s Edition features a 10" replica Purity Seal, a glossy hardback art book, the official Space Marine soundtrack, a premium pack of 25 character information cards and a copy of the game, packaged together in a premium box set. The Space Marine Collector’s Edition is available at selected online retailers in limited quantities.

The UK information.

Other exclusive pre-order offers include unique multiplayer weapon and armor skins which will allow loyal Space Marine fans to distinguish themselves further on the battlefield.

The Elite Armour Pack, only available at GAME and Gamestation, includes the unique Space Wolves, Black Templar, Iron Warriors and Emperor’s Children chapter armour skins.
    The Golden Relic Chainsword, the primary close combat weapon for Space Marines, is available at Play.com, Zavvi and Sendit.com.
    The Golden Relic Bolter, a powerful ranged combat weapon, is available at Blockbuster.
    PC Gamers can celebrate their love of the Dawn of War® series by donning themselves in the iconic red and bone coloured armour of the Blood Ravens Chapter as well as receiving a FREE copy of Darksiders on PC when they pre-order the PC game through Steam.
    Finally PC Gamers who choose to buy a digital copy of Space Marine through select digital retailers will be offered a FREE copy of Darksiders on PC.

[IMG] [IMG]

so, it looks if you are only after the chapter skins, best deal is getting a normal version from GAME or Gamestation. I know Retribution included all pre-order bonuses with its CE, but so far this thing seems pretty sparse.
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Somehow it makes me think of Gears of War, prolly due to the whole chainsaw action.
  3. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Because its brown

Reminds me more of God of War though to be honest, it does look awesome though
  4. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I think the germans will have issues with all that blood :p
  5. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Defiantly gonna get this :p
  6. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

updated OP with pre-order details.
  7. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Wait, you can change the skin on your character only if you buy CE? But you don't have to play as the default Ultramarine chump?! :eek:
    GIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF! space wolves.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I seriously hope its as good as Fire Warrior was. Will more than likely pick this up I think.
  9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Giiief deathwatch

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  10. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

I love how they describe it, no fear, charging straight into fight with no cover bollocks. Oh and thunderhammer, Sweet.
  11. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

no, those armour skins are from the pre-order stuff, as in you can get it for a normal edition from select retailers. Ultramarines are still the campaign chapter, but these skins will be used for MP.
  12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I wonder what multiplayer will be like then..."PvE" only, killing orks in teams or like marines fighting each other.. :S
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I imagine it will have a "last stand" type game mode where a team of marines all fight against waves and waves of mobs to see how long you can last.
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

the Last Stand mode in DoW2 is kinda lame tbph. :p
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Last stand in Magicka is made of win.
  16. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

what i saw was (before the info got pulled) :
    • 8 vs 8 online play mode
    • SM vs CSM
  17. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I'm a sucker for the 40k IP, I'll get it anyway even if the multiplayer blows. Would have to be some cool scenarios to get me hooked for some FPS like teamplay. Like basically a mini mmo battleground with tanks and all sorts of nifty gadgets. If its just gonna be another Unreal tournament in Space Marine looks, meh. Normally not that fond of those kind of FPS, teambased-games.
  18. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

yeah i have allready preorderd this =)
  19. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Where did you buy it from Doodle? I want to find some way of getting my hands on those 4 extra skins without living in the UK (and being a fag).
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

sadly im not getting any skins i noticed in my preorder so i canceld it =( it was just from some local store here in luleå. But im going to look around some more im sure there will be pre order offers soon