WAR40K cancelled ???

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gekido, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Gekido Community Member

2. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

My head is full of fuck.
  3. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

was informing guild in SWTOR about this yesterday, some people doubted me, tut tut.

My info seems to be saying warhammer 40k staff are being hit, with the likelihood of it being cancelled pretty damn high
  4. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

damn what to look forward to now!
  5. Offline

Saul Community Member

6. Offline

Gekido Community Member

It's obvious that THQ is facing some kind of finacial crisis, and financing an mmo such as this might be too much for a company that is struggling... besides, if it's going to be sold(THQ i mean), this won't effect the game(WAR40K) positively even if they "decide" to continue the project. I myself am not holding much hope for this, since there were a lot of cases like this last year.

Anyway, since they're not giving the final decision to the community it means that they're still considering to continue development of the game, but canceling it is very likely. Otherwise they would've given us a straight answer - "WAR40K will not be affected".
  7. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Lets buy it for a pound and do it ourselves!
  8. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

For anyone followin' THQ its not a surprise, they cancelled Company of Heroes online which was their best license, spent millions in marketing for their shitty fps Homefront and pretty much fucked up Space Marines. Even if w40k is release one day, its going to be a waste of IP.
  9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Indeed.. LETS DO IT!

10. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

and this is last words out of thq, they havent decided yet

"THQ has not cancelled its 2014 line-up, and has not made any decisions regarding the planned MMO. As part of the ongoing review of our business, we have made decisions to ensure that the company is strategically addressing the most attractive markets. As we have previously announced, we have dramatically reduced our commitment to the kids' boxed games sector which leads to a significantly more focused release schedule moving forward. Our slate for calendar 2012 and beyond is focused on high-quality core games and continues to build our digital platform and business. We are excited for our pipeline of original and high-quality content along with our relationships with some of the best talent in the industry."
  11. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

"most attractive market" aka the WoW crowd?
    Not a good sign.
  12. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

On another note, in what way did they fuck up Space Marine?
    I fucking _loved_ Space Marine.
  13. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You play the MP?
    Space Marine was very good, but could have been so much more if they had not tried to consolise it quite so much.
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Company Of Heroes Online would have been amazing. Still can't believe they cancelled that game game.

As for the possible cancel of Dark Millennium.... which one of us has to tell Tvars mother the bad news ?
  15. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

16. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Loved every game this company has released specially their take on war 40k. Loved space marine as well..

Really sad If they decide to cancel dmo was really looking forward to that game. Dmo was meant to be my "retirement" game, las game I ever dedicate my time to. But seems unlikely now :-(

I really hope some big shot company buys it and saves the project. I don't see thq affording the level of quality that is expected by this game...

Just look at swtor. It's probably one of the most polished mmo's to date with it's funding it should be. But spoiled kids now days can't even respect the fact that the game has been out less than 1 month with 10 times the content wow or any other mmo to date for that matter had during the first month.

More more more whine whine whine that's the mantra these days or the game is "fail" can't see thq affording this. Hoping they get a buy out!
  17. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I never played the Versus, but I love the co-op. Apparently Versus was pretty imbalanced, but in general it was just so much _fun_, even as a single-player game.
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Imbalance wasn't the real issue, it was more to do with the peer-to-peer hosting rather than servers. Made it lag hard.
  19. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Sad to see this happen, but there were talks about THQ being bought or doing bad financially for years. Some of their games were great, but they didn't really provide a steady income of money (many of their games could also easily be pirated without much loss for their multiplayer). Dark Millenium was probably supposed to take care of that, but you can't make an MMO with an IP that big without proper reserves.

EDIT: seems like they are dismissing this news about 40k, but if you look at their list of games its not surprising they aren't doing well.
  20. Offline

Gekido Community Member

where did you find that? They're saying that the resto of 2014 linu-up are still planned for release... except for WAR40K, they haven't made a decision on that yet. Even the fact that they need to decide something about it hints that the decision may not be so pretty.