Video: City of Lion’s Arch

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Merketh, May 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

The music sounds like Morrowind's music, and the graphics certainly have the same level of maturity (aka not cartoonish). Refreshing to say the least and no i hadn't seen that city yet, looked piratey!
  3. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Pretties.
  4. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

<3 big cities. Hopefully in GW2 they will all feel alive like divinity's city, and not like Tera's main city which felt as fake as walking into Disney Land.
    Still better than the 4 houses cities of Aion though.
    About the music its because its made by the same guy: Jeremy Soule.
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I liked the cities in Age of Conan and Baldur's Gate alot, these cities seem to be giving the same sense of livelyness. The only thing that is sort of annoying me though is the need for every NPC to look like a perfect model aside from player models also looking like that and using the same sets of skins/models, I understand player models in previews are just presets but there's something wrong with the NPC's. It was something that also was obvious in GW1. I'd rather have the NPC's look generic but different than players or good but unique. Now I suspect there's a 99% chance you will more then once see your own clone a couple of times, aside from players looking the same as you.
  6. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

Indeed, wich is nice good to see LA has improved the last 250 years, I wonder if you can jump of the bridges there. :p
  7. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

The thing that normally really pisses me off about cities is that the only people that live in them are A) Merchants B) Important NPCs & their guards and C) Quest givers

There's never any actual populations!
  8. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

The cities are pretty stunning in GW2 the human city I spent over an hour just wandering around looking at it and going omfg.
  10. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

Ever since i read about this in ghosts of ascalon, i've been eagerly waiting to step into this city in-game :)

this is just a teaser, i bet in the game it will feel even more impressive.