Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Hey everybody,
    It is with great reluctance that I have to announce Ranked Warzones are not going live with Game Update 1.2: Legacy. We had a fantastic run of testing on the Public Test Server and I can’t begin to thank the community enough for their tireless advocacy for this feature and the time people took to file bugs and voice their concerns.
    After careful consideration, it is clear that to make Ranked Warzones the feature we all want it to be is going to take a bit more time. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause and ask for your patience as we work to make sure the Ranked Warzone Preseason launch is polished and fun. With Legacy, the new Warzone, Operation, and Flashpoint, as well as many other amazing features of Game Update 1.2 ready to go, we're very excited for tomorrow's additions.
    In the future we'll be rolling the Ranked Warzone Preseason out in phases, listening carefully to player feedback and making adjustments as we go. The first phase will be full team, eight-player queuing only and from there we'll look at next steps as Preseason progresses. In the meantime we have provided an alternate purchase route for War Hero gear so you can start building your set while figuring out your teams.
    Daniel Erickson
    Lead Game Designer

http://www.swtor.com/blog/update-ranked-warzones-game-update-1.2
  2. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

3. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

oh well, any chance of me resubbing just flew out the window along with whoever polices their efficiency I think.
  4. Offline

Yhymoto Community Member

5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

IRL pics ---> that way
  6. Offline

Yhymoto Community Member

[IMG]
  7. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

try searching official forums for the word "unsubbed"
    just for today.
    see what you come up with :D
  8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

more would have unsubbed if they released it unfinished

really what the average mmo forum going player thinks... 99% of them are retards
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Like they released the game unfinished?

It's true though, they have been put in an unwinnable situation by EA as they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. TOR is just a mess from where it was clearly adjusted to suit the share holders at the expense of a polished and complete game.

Very sad tbh.
  10. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

[IMG]

describes EA
  11. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

What part of SWTOR was unpolished and unfinished?

the experience form lvl 1 to max lvl was the best i have ever had in ANY game. The game was extremly polished in that area and i am fairly sure that has always been their main focus. To deliver en epic story and leveling experience.

Now others view the game differently and i guess you look at it from a pvp standpoint than yes, it was shit.

But i have not played a single mmo that was perfect the first year or even the second year..
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The part that made my Imperial Agent get stuck in its ship as it was stuck in a loop of a story quest and was unable to hand it in. That was pretty poorly made tbh.

I had leveled a Sith Warrior to level 30 before customer support even responded to my ticked (over a week later, fast response time yo!!!) and by the time they had actually spoke to the top level CS guy (obviously the guys speaking to me was a noob as he didn't know what to do) I had my Sith at level 50. I was then told by CS that it was a known bug with no known date to be fixed, and I should just keep an eye on the patch notes and play an alt till its fixed. I then asked if they would compensate me for selling me a product advertising that I could play an Imperial Agent at level 50, which wasn't the case for me. They told me that I was not eligible for any compensation because I had played another character while my main was bugged. Just to point out, my agent was stuck in this bug loop for 3 weeks and I basically got dicked between one CS member to another because they couldn't fix it and refused to offer me any information about when it was due to be fixed or offer me any gametime etc. as a compensation for being unable to play my character in the way it was advertised I would (read: actually able to play it).

I cancelled the sub at that point.

I don't deny that SWTOR was a fun game. I enjoyed playing it on both the characters (well, IA not so much due to gamebreaking bug) but after a few days at level 50, I got bored. The game lost its fun for me once the leveling phase was done, which seems strange as usually leveling is the boring part. The boredom combined with the attitude of BioWare in their response to my issues with my bugged character just sealed the deal that I was quitting the game. Honestly, I doubt I will play another BioWare game, not because I was disappointed in SWTOR, but because I was disappointed in BioWare over their handling of my problem that I had with the game.
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

as sad as your costumer experience is aspira shit like that happens every day, in every game. its nothing unique and to be frank neither are you or your issues among the other things that happen during a launch of a tripple A mmo :p

anyway this is a dead horse being kicked on AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN...

why am i even caring..
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Speaking of dead horsies or lookalikes, we need more irl pics in this thread.
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea I know dude. If that bug had not happened to me, I would still have quit eventually, but I would have probably subbed for at least one more month.

The game was fun, just unfortunately for me I had a really bad experience with the game and with BioWare CS. Wasn't the best game ever made, but it sure as hell wasn't as bad as RIFT. I still use that game as my yardstick for measuring failure.
  16. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

pretty close on endgame failure
  17. Offline

Tal The Architect

The problem is that you've described what also makes a single player rpg great. Aside from levelling with friends (which is something you didn't mention).

The game as a single player/co-op was fantastic. The game as an mmo was unfortunately terrible. One of my favourite bits was the group questing and choosing/dice rolling answers with your friends... Especially if they were on the different light/dark path than you. It's just a shame that it's more of a coop element than an mmo one.

Part of it's problem, however, is that people start an mmo, level, focus on gear for raiding and farm the raid instances. Since WoW made these sort of raid instances mainstream, everyone knows what to do and they aren't as challenging. Molten Core had loads of bugs and was generally a crappy raid instance but it was most people's first, while they were still noobs, wiping on the first molten giants and wanting to explore.

SWToR failed to keep most players who played an MMO before hooked at endgame. Something which needs to be truly refreshed in an MMO.

Plus, what happened to getting a 40 man raid together and attacking the opposite faction's main city :)
  18. Offline

Saul Community Member

My 2cents.

I hate levelling in most mmo's as I find due to being a working parent with certain responsibilities, I can not get a regular group to level with as they are normally on a lot earlier than I can get on undisturbed, and I hate to let people down by being distracted, etc, until the 8pm GMT time I can then focus till the early hours undisturbed.

SWTOR had the best leveling system I have encountered in an MMO, mainly cause it made it fun and engaging to level solo and even more fun in a group.

However as much effort and right thinking they put into story and the levelling process, MMO's are all about the End Game. Levelling is a means to an end and making that process more fun and engaging is a great move forward, but it is still an interim process to getting in to the End Game. In fact imo it should not be called "End Game" it should be called "Core Game".

What I cant forgive Bioware/EA for is the total lack of Core Game mechanics and content, all the stuff and more in patch 1.2 should have been in release including the now dropped for 1.2 Rated BG's.

I hate being lied too, and I hate the fact Bioware representatives stated time and time again, "We will only release when it's ready", when the game was clearly not ready on release. Everybody knew the levelling content would be rinsed within a month by the hardcore mmo players and 2 months by everyone else. Yet they have NOTHING for people to do other than roll an alt and play a slightly different story over and over and wait for the content most people want.

I think it is stunningly nieve for Bioware to think that people paying a subscription would be happy to re- level various characters in a solo RPG fashion of playing through similar content but as another character, and pay a monthly sub, whilst they wait for nearly 4 months for the content that was promised at release.

Illum is a prime example of bad design followed by bad decissions, Illum should never have been in the game at release, I dont think Ive ever seen anything as sad as 20 people running around in a circle looking for armour pieces, because there were no enemy or proper mechanics/incentives for open world PvP.

Also making player NPC cities un-attackable in a game based around a Galactic Civil War is just fucking retarded, My heart sank that day Doodle organised us to go an a raid on Tattooine and we could not even get to the opposite factions NPC city without dying, that and Illum was the day I finally knew SWTOR was not fit for purpose and would take a long while before it would be.

To me a AAA MMO means a focus on both the leveling process and content, and the Core Game content and mechanics, I agree most recent MMO's have failed in one or both of these, and SWTOR Seriously failed in the latter.
  19. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Did Anyone else get 30 days free?
  20. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON