Unlock Javik the Prothean in ME3 without DLC

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

1. Open Coalesced.bin with this http://wenchy.net/me3-coalesced-utility

2. Search for this:
    MemberValidCID=22, MemberAvailablePlotLabel=IsSelectableProthean,

3. Replace with this:
    MemberValidCID=, MemberAvailablePlotLabel=,

Enjoy

2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Good job EA.

*slow clap*
  3. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Zomg its a conspiracy!

I bought the DLC day one :p its quite nice
  4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Collectors Edition here, so got the DLC inside the box.
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

Could you get your money back seeming as you already owned the dlc on the disc?
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Not the whole DLC. You can't unlock the mission as that's downloaded. I do think it's bull crap they try to charge you twice for the companion though.
    (IMHO you've paid for it once if its on the disc)
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

They actually say nothing about getting the extra character in the DLC, they say about new dialogue options. TBH ME2 had the 2 characters that you could get through DLC included on the disc when it was released in Jan 2010 (Zaeed & Kasumi).

Before people bang on about this read the following:

"Unearth lost secrets from the past and recruit the Prothean squad member in The Prothean Pack. Also includes a new appearance for each squad member!"
    From the Bioware store, this implies that you recruit the squad member, it doesn't say that it is new and only included in the DLC.

Yes semantics, but honestly who cares. If you wanted to buy the game you would have, DLC or no DLC, if you don't want to buy it stop banging on about how a publisher wants to make money - hint: It's a business, all businesses are out to make money, Shocker!
  8. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I'm somewhat bothered by people who complain about it already being "on the disc". On the disc is a somewhat obsolete concept in todays digital download/internet required to play world. Notably Free to Play games completely break this by having absolutely all content be "on your computer" but needing to be unlocked. DLC is by definition content downloaded after you've finished downloaded/installed the game, but what about games that you already always download? Either way, it's a definitionquestion alltogether, because like it or not gamecompanies can charge you for whatever you want to buy - you can only vote with your money.
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

wait... are you saying gaming company's are not just their to work their asses off for us FOR FREE?!
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

It's easy to be all sarcastic and says its a business and they are here to make money. Yet when the business acts like some shoddy second hand car dealer on a back alley. Who steals half your spark plugs in your new car and the sells them back to you at a discounted price.

This is a billion pound industry juggernaught that has a business ethic off who can screw who over.

I link it closely to the music business of the mid 90s. When Britain had serious band talent around, but instead of nurturing this and future talent. It decided to screw itself by releasing multiple single cds of the same song. Multiple albums with special edition content. How many of you own a special edition album and now think the extra money you spent was a waste? The brit scene died and shitty formulatic music took over.

This could happen to the gaming industry and to a point has already started. Probably in 10-15 years we will be playing the game equivalent of Justin bieber and dubstep.
  11. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Nono that's already here!!! It's called World of Warcraft.......

Edit: I like dubstep! And so do a lot of people, I hate wow but people like the too. Oh well.
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Lol WoW had it's first WuB in WoTLK, now it's in full WubWubWub remix of Baby
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I thought we could be friends. :(
  14. Offline

adagio Moderator

Wubwubwub
    Let's get down with the trumpets
    Wubwubwub
  15. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

16. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

:p

I'm a huge glutton for anything dance related. If I could live in Ibiza I would!!!! I'll grow out of that one day maybe..... Probably when I'm retired ;p
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Monobattles anyone ?
  18. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

omg

this is possibly the funniest thing i've ever seen!!!!!!! hahahahaha omg hilarious.

Edit: How has that only had 200k hits?!?! I'm gona watch it like 1million times for justice. (only 999,997 to go)