Ubisoft Hacked

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Xelendar, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/ubisoft-hacked-includes-usernames-and-encrypted-passwords/

[IMG]
    Ubisoft Hacked And Company Issues A Security Update

Ubisoft Hacked! This is for real. No “rumored” or “alleged” this time. This really happened and if you are affected you need to change your passwords STAT!

After the news came out about Ubisoft getting hacked, Ubisoft posted a Secuity update and emailed many of its users. Here is an excerpt:

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, to begin a thorough investigation with relevant authorities, internal and external security experts, and to start restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.
    During this process, we learned that data were illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. No personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion.
    Ubisoft has recommended that all its users change their passwords, of course. You can do so by following this link.

Not much is known as to what exactly happened, but Ubisoft says, “Credentials were stolen and used to illegally access our online network. We can’t go into specifics for security reasons.”

What did the hackers get? Turns out that a bunch of information was exposed, but nothing that will be all that harmful to your life outside of gaming. (Wait! that is my life… I’m in trouble) Usernames, email addresses and encrypted passwords were swiped, but it doesn’t look like personal information such as phone numbers and physical addresses was compromised. Payment information, including credit card numbers, is not kept on the Ubisoft site, so credit card fraud isn’t a worry.

Ubisoft being hacked this time has nothing to do with past hacks, the company says. They have begun a through investigation in order to restore the compromised systems. Uplay has not been affected and neither has the uptime on their games’ online services.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, I don't use any of their products.
  3. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!