Trying to reinstal my PC

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Gizmodio, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

Heia folks, as some of you might know my got kinda hacked the other day, so im reinstalling it, trying to anyways.. Adagio helped me out yest by giving me dl links and a guide on how to install Win 7 from a thumb drive. everything went fine up until the point where i wanted my PC to boot from it. it says ''Remove disks or media. press any key to restart'' so then i tryed to press a key and he says ''Reboot and selcet proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and ress a key''

Anyone know whats wrong ?
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

You need to set your primary drive in the bios as the very first boot disk. Primary drive I mean the one you installed windows on, it may try to boot from your DVD or other storage drive instead otherwise.
  3. Offline

i have been into my BIOS and it is set to my Thumb drive.. same shait happened 2 days ago when i tryed to install XP pirate copy from a CD, im very sure im booting from the right thingy
  4. Offline

right, i THINK i know the problem now. i did not have the program WintoFlash.. but for some reason my folder win Win7 init aint layed out correctly.. coz the program wintoFlash can not find the following 6 files Boot.wim product.ini dwbininfo.txt bootmgr boot install.swm
    also my folder with win 7 init does not have any sub folders, its just a lot of .DLL files. Anyone know what to do with .dll files ?
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

so has it installed to the harddisk already? If so take the thumb drive out, set your win7 hdd to primary and it should load normally. if not these are your install method.

The thumb drive should be just boot folder and several others. No need to put it in any other folder. Set bios to load from usb for this one time. When it asks press button to load windows. Windows will now begin to install by copying files. Now the menu will come up. It should list all available harddrives you can install too. You best bet is to do a full install, this will mean creating a partition and then formatting said partition. Now begin to instal onto your new primary hd. Halfway through this it will begin to restart the computer, this is where you pull out the usb key and let the hd take over. make sure the hd is set to primary so the motherboard knows where to find the win directory. Windows will now finish installing from the hd disk. profit.

short as I can get it on my phone.
  6. Offline

no it aint installed yet, it wont boot from my USB coz it says ''Remove disks or media. press any key to restart'' i know i have set my BIOS to boot from my USB device tho.. if you got the time for it tonight please logg TS ^^
  7. Offline

Case closed, thanks to Adagio i manged to install windows 7 from a USB thumb drive, so if anyone needs help for that i suppose i could help in the future ^^