Troll Convicted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katiechops, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

See you in 18 months doodle.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Quick, hide Doodle!!!!
  4. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I don't know what irritates me more, these lowlife trolls or the fact you can get jail time for saying shit on the Internet now. Can you even get jail time for screaming offensive stuff on a funeral?
  5. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Driving a man to suicide isn't trolling as me know it... lets be serious here. "saying stuffs on the internets" isn't all he did, the man killed himself.
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Yes you can! It's not just saying shit, he was purposefully harassing bereaved family and friends.

Trolling is one thing, but what he did was a whole different level and he deserved the sentance!
  7. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Wait, are there people that retarded to be a victim of cyberbullying?
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Not sure if serious....
  9. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I mean, do people really take it seriously when someone who they never met starts bashing them on the Internet?
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Pretty much.
  11. Offline

Why do i feel like i'm being trolled here lol, you can't be serious... these people are retards now?
  12. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Taking things on the Internet personally is just....wow...
  13. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ofc, especially when they crash a tribute page about their son, daughter, friend who had killed themselves. I'd be upset if a troll started posting a pic of a loved one on the front of a train after they had just died.

The point is, there are diff breeds of troll. Myself, doodle and a number of others troll to make someone else annoyed, angry etc, but I don't "bully" and try to make someone upset. ESP regarding something like this.

I like to troll because you get a good argument, he trolled because it makes him feel big to upset bereaved families. Big diff imho
  14. Offline

Some people take everything too serious :D
  15. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Tribute pages are not that emotional as ones want them to be since Internet is a place for millions of users and not a little circle of them. Out of all the users thousands upon thousands die every day and a death of a single one will not be considered as anything special by most users. The classic WoW one "did he drop any good loot" is the prime example.
  16. Offline

Everyone has a breaking point, give me the time and resources and I could make you commit suicide Feidan ;)
  17. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ofc, but that's a very impersonal comment easily brushed off, yet funny for people who are bystanders. What he did was personal attacks for want of a better word, tailored to get maximum reaction from the target. It's not funny for bystanders as they don't get the "joke" so it's simply a nasty attempt to upset people for his own benefit.

The pages were not a public post on a forum, but a page on Facebook, the only people on it were the family and friends and a few people trying to upset them.

Sorry but I don't consider that anywhere near the style of trolling you see from real forum warriors.
    Trolling should be funny for bystanders and annoying for the target.
    His was upsetting for the targets and only funny for him and his fellow /b morons
  18. Offline

Feidan Community Member

That I would do on my own accord if my parents end up being dead and killing them would not be in the section of cyberbullying.
    Is it that hard to simply block/delete/ignore on facebook?
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Look, just because most people are able to brush off flames online doesn't mean everyone is.
    Same works for everything. I know I can get away with teasing omni about being Irish, or Aspira about liking kids (Kpop videos) but someone else may be devastated.

This person "trolled" (not really a troll when it's to upset, more like a bully) people who were grieving in a way he knew would upset. It's not the families place to "harden up" etc, it was that lowlifes place to not be a cunt.

I agree that people can take things far too seriously, however trolling is about poking fun, winding up and causing arguments. It's not about trying to upset grieving families and pushing mentally unstable people to kill themselves.
    (I've always said if I DO upset someone they just have to pm me and I'll apologise and back off. Most people however give great reactions and retaliate in kind.)

I'm sure you realise this and are trolling me, because if you seriously think what he did was acceptable and the victims are at fault then I worry for you.
  20. Offline

Angelo Community Member

This.

Trolling isn't about causing people to be upset and you sure don't "troll" a grieving family, you're just being a cunt.