Trailer: Our Time Is Now

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Firoz, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I wondered what those tweets were all about
  3. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I feel the live action part was absolutely unnecessary.
  4. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah, it seemed like a lot of artsy bollocks tbh :confused:
  5. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

oh the drama everywhere!! :D
  6. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Their thought process was most likely to reach out to the audience who does not play games but the way they did it makes no sense what so ever. The two parts don't share anything in common. If you do a live action trailer for a game then do that based on the freaking game.
  7. Offline

Mash Butan - Kettle Community Member

lol, toss. I cringed.
  8. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Ha! I KNEW something was up - they were dropping hints for over a month now.

It's really nice and such, but I agree that the RL stuff doesn't really fit the GW2-feel. First time they don't use in-game footage for their trailers btw. And then the in-game part they show is really short and not at all that epic (you can only understand the scene if you've played it to cursed shore)
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I liked it :) was cool

first i thought it was a new movie trailer in the wrong section of the forums. Nice twist. Cant hate
  10. Offline

Jame Community Member

I don't know what to think of it. It's nice, but don't think it fits GW2 that well. Got some serious Secret World vibes from it (and I never even played that game).
  11. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

To be compeltely honest I didnt like it, but at the time i understand im not their target audience. They are probably aiming for casual players that never heard about the game, and trying to send the message that playing GW2 (MMOs) is cool xD
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Seems like its targeted at the Xbox generation with that shitty gasmasked grafitti rubbish. Liked the sexy ladies though, so I dunno whether to like or dislike the overall thing.
  13. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

Pretty much this. The actors they used look like everyday people, not the stereotypical gamer, so they're obviously aiming to bring in people who havn't picked up an mmo before, not just pull subscribers from other mmo's.
  14. Offline

Feidan Community Member

They should have rether gotten Japanese to make something like this:
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

This video would have been enough for me to buy the game
  16. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Ah btw it reminded me this for the randomness of the first part xD
  17. Offline

Jame Community Member

That dragon was a bit annoying to fight. >_< Back and fort a few times, hit it for a bit, then back hitting the gate and feared and so on.
  18. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

That game video looks pretty great.... when is it coming out!!? Looks miles better than anything I'm currently playing too!
  19. Offline

Jame Community Member

Wut

Not sure if serious, but in case you for w/e reason think it's something else, both vids are GW2. If you want a Barney Stinson game, then I can't help you. :p
  20. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Ok thanks ;) And no I wasn't being quite serious, but appreciate the clarification!