Those using Sanctuary should consider traiting it

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Drexciyian, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

If you take the trait consecrated ground trait sanctuary not only becomes a ranged ability but lowers the cast time from 1 1/2s to 1/4s could be a bug but abuse it while it there :p
  2. Offline

Zaidan Community Member

i go duration and 20% less cd
    And just time it when you move into a zerg, i open whit staff wall anyways.

Its a realy great trait for wall fights were you can push of a zerg from a cliff :)
  3. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

I use it mainly for breach/door denial, and siege protection

I wish there was a way to reduce sword CDs by 1 second, then you could block 100% of treb shots, it's just half a second too long with skill #3.
  4. Offline

Zaidan Community Member

Retaliation blocks treb shots now? :O since when?
  5. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

No, sword 3. Zealots Defense. It does catch rocks, but you need to be pixel perfect
  6. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

bump

And for KC who says he can't change anything :p you can change the honor & virtues 20 point skill to something else if you like
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJAWSlUg67mHyKEf4ES2jRCBTQsHYEH1RXFcIA

2/3 guardians casting this into the enemy raid will fuck their charge up, personally i dont think its worth using when we stop to heal tho cos its a light field and will mess with water fields, any one running thru it should get a tick of healing or 2 tho
  7. Offline

Zaidan Community Member

What build does KC run?
  8. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

Dunno he said he cant switch a single trait lastnight :) Someone on TS mentioned that the guardian builds on the forum are bad and i just looked at them and i agree.
  9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

yeah and you got a get the fuck out of my face reponse discussing builds with a gate at 10% from a raid leader trying to get half asleep people organised o/

We can do that but I won't be using that skill, traint cause I don't have the time or focus to do it when raid leading.

The biggest issue I have with that skill is it is very situational and slow as fuck to cast, when we stack to buff I am already using empower which is a channeling skill so can't do both and rather use empower then flick to hammer 2 and we are off and do either 2 might buffs and a heal or 1 might buff and 2 heals as you get those effective every time, the sheild is only is of benifit if your buffing too close to enemy and taking massive damage that the mass heals can't out heal. and thats isn't often hence I prefer to run with retreat as its a shout, instant cast and can get fired off twice as often as well as benifits from my spec and runes.

I ain't gonna retraint and redo my skill bars everytime we run in and out of towers, keeps etc I already have 2 wall skills from my staff and hammer and my game is busy enough trying to lead that half the time I stop don't even "play" just smash my shouts, vitues and spam staff one while reading pms, looking at map, shouting at raid and trying to figure out when to stack buff where to move the raid too, I just ain't going to take time out to start trying to aim ranged AoEs that take 1.5 second to cast as well as aim.

I chose and run my spec based on a very simple concept "the biggest amount of raid benifit with the least possible player effort", ie passive healing aura, aoe shouts, no aiming, staff, no aiming, dodge healing no aiming, buff duration bonuses, passive, so basically after the intiail contact all I am doing is hiting skill on cooldown without a care and seeing as the raid groups on me I don't have to worry about timing etc cause everyone is around me anyways so I can spend my real focus on raid leading, reading fights, looking for oppertunities etc. I learned this the hard way form being a raid leader in WoW as a tank lookgin at a mobs feet tryign to play looking backwards half the night, why I played Warrior Priest in Warhammer, and Chanter in Aion and Guardian speced like this in GW2 great raid support with the greatest freedom to raid lead.

This kind of goes back to the first two guardians have to sue hammers idea maybe we look at half guardians run this and half run retreat, ie all BOON duration guardians use retreat, and all not BOON duration gaurdians spec ranged santuary.
  10. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

Think you're missing the point when traited imo its bad untraited as when you take the trait its a 1/4s cast AND can becomes a range ability, OK it mite not be good for you but for others when we're running into another force charging us you can cast it like eles cast static field to fuck up their front line and as its unlike the staff 5 its circular which make sit harder to dodge roll and unlike hammer 5 you can cast @ range while moving and it goes off quicker(1/4s vs 3/4s)

edit: what about retreat vs hold the line? hold the line is half the CD you can get it off 2/3 times in a fight
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Wher eis the cast time reduction train I can't find it! ><
  12. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

For sanctuary? It's not documented as it's most likely a bug with Consecrated Ground.. IIRC you can see the sanctuary tooltip change if you switch that trait in.
  13. Offline

Karasu Community Member

It's a bug, and it's probably going to be fixed soon.

The trait that makes sanctuary able to cast on range (III in the bottom trait line I think) swaps it with a bugged skill - that skill has a lower cast time.
  14. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

huhuhuh
  15. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

He's going to tell anet BOOOOO
  16. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

I wouldn't worry, I told Anet about the multiplying vulnerability on blind bug with the greatsword AND how to survive infinite fall damage with Judges Intervention months and months ago and nothing happened ;)