Things are looking BAD for european TERA!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Specter, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

As you all know, frogster will be the publisher for european TERA.
    I heard alot of fuss about frogster but i didnt knew what they were about until...
    After i read this article, i got scared:

http://huntersinsight.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/runes-of-magic-reaps-what-it-sows/

TL;DR;
    Basically its a story of a guy that quit ROM because they are money leeching everyone with the release of end-game content where you are FORCED to buy cash shop items in order to play it. Add that to bad community management, forum abuse etc... To the point where 1 guy supposedely hacked Frogster's ROM database and extracted player info (including credit card info) and is threatning to release that info to public if they don't do some stuff he demands to make the game better and the forums better.
    e-terrorism: mmo version.
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Frogster helped destroy Spellborn,, Spellborn I hear u all say? wtf was that? the best mmo that never happened :(

I mean who the fuck would decide to seperate the UK and make them play on US servers in US time zones and not let them play on EU servers... urgh?

R.I.P.

PS - It was also a aim to hit mmo too, had to aim those spells was awesome, omfg almost skill in a mmo wtf next...

3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

He already has published c.5000 account info. The brown stuff has hit the fan over at frogster!
  4. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

5. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Well, this is of course really bad for frogster, but i hope they and all other mmo publishers out there take a good look at what happened here and learn something!
    User interaction and community management aren't things you want to take on lightly...!
  6. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

lol, yeah Spellborn did have potential but their marketing wasnt very good either. Unlike most MMO's it wasn't very hyped, even though it may have deserved to be.
  7. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Yeah who ever was in charge of marketing for Spellborn needed taken outside and beaten with sticks...
  8. Offline

Mizou Community Member

if they dont place a beta in europe they will have huge problems. while ncsoft did a beta for aion they still had those problems:

full servers and a queue for over 2000 people per server
    minor things (buggs - lags - char creation tool with not enouph options....)
    they would get feedback about what is good/bad and while they do not have it, the game could fail rather fast cause 80% usually decide within the first 30 lvls if they want to sub again

these are just a few points but valid

i would only buy tera to look at the wonderfull women with plastic sugery boobs / faces and ofc i can get this for free - its the internet !
  9. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

plenty of max slider boobs on my two charas here im playing atm

[IMG]
    one i lvl 82 sin other a lil lvl 34 cleric xD
  10. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

is that like 82DD and 34EE ?
  11. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

xD lol they can get bigger Oo i got too scared xD
  12. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Damn i miss the facebookish like button ;) now you forced me to make a post to say that i like that picture, kama!
  13. Offline

Chowder Community Member

i used to play RoM and Spellborn as well. i never understood why they'd give their game to some pathetic publisher that specializes in f2p games.
    i'm also nervous about torchlight's partnership with perfect world. would hate to see that one go down the same road.
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

What that "like" button to the lower right of each post ?
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Gave her a +like, if only because she spend 400 quid on it! I cannot play that game though, saw it and uhh Rift animations all the sudden turned to Fucking good compared to that game :p
  16. Offline

Saffi Community Member

screenie has already spent like £2k on a F2P game where you had to mall to succeed >_> mall games suck so bad
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

There is no way a Scotsman would spend £2K on anything, let along a F2P MMO. I know this, I am one.
  18. Offline

Saffi Community Member

well he did cuz it was 2/3 for me XD
  19. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Geez £2k I thought my addiction to GW1 costumes was bad till I read that :)
  20. Offline

Saffi Community Member

that was for like 2 accounts over 2 years