The Witcher 2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Acina, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

[IMG]

This game has been on my radar for a while now, its getting closer to release and I'm slightly more excited - I really enjoyed the first game and am definitely looking forward to a new Action-RPG to sink my teeth into.

Some video footage, including a video that shows the non-linear gameplay (2nd video):

And some screens/wallpapers:

The-Witcher-2-1912.jpg The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings-2080.jpg

Don't get this confused with the cancelled console game 'The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf' which was a planned console port of teh original PC game (although with many improvements).

Pretty good for a small Polish development studio :) and fans of ME/ME2 and DA:O (plus those rather weird ones that liked Fable 2 and 3) you'll definitely enjoy playing this - check out the 1st one if you haven't already :)

The Witcher:
    http://tw1.thewitcher.com/

The Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings:
    http://tw2.thewitcher.com/
  2. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Its shame i never played Witcher but Witcher 2 look sooo good i cant miss it!
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

For those that like Collectors editions (like me) check this out:

http://buy.thewitcher.com/preorder-collectors-en

[IMG]

The complete fan edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is both extremely limited and exclusive with availability strictly limited to customers who pre-order.
    Containing a making of video DVD, official game soundtrack, world map, rare art book, a Geralt head statue, Temerian coin, dice set as seen in game, stickers, playing cards, rule book, pamphlet, cursed coin and three special edition Papercraft figure sets this is the definitive Witcher fan purchase. On top of all this, players will receive bonus DLC content in the form the Vernon Roche commando jacket available on completion of an early quest. Pre-order today to ensure you don’t miss out.

The Witcher 2 Collector's Edition Includes:
    • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Game
    • Making-Of DVD
    • Official Game Soundtrack
    • World Map
    • Game Manual and Guide
    • Artbook
    • Geralt Sculpture
    • Temerian Coin
    • Dice Set
    • Three Stickers
    • Playing Cards and Rule Book
    • Pamphlet and Cursed Coin
    • Instructions to Create Three Papercraft Dolls
    • Bonus DLC - Vernon Roche Commando Jacket
  4. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

I played the first one quite a bit, I hated how linear it was though, in the sense that it wasn't an open world you couldn't jump over hedges and had to follow paths to get to your destination, if it had been set in a proper open world like fallout for example it would of been brilliant.

Hope the sequel brings more!
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

With the sequel they've gone very non-linear with the story - this is a big plus. So hopefully the world is more of the open variety!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  6. Offline

The story in the first one if i remember right was non-linear, the issue was that the actual game world sucked you could almost see the edges of the world (i.e. big pictures of 'distant' mountains that you could walk into) it was so boring!

Story is massive in a SP game, but in an RPG the world (imo) has to be open to do what you want, when you want.
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

At the end of the Witcher 2 debut trailer there is a hidden message (a 1 frame embed) at the 2 minute mark from CD Projekt:

[IMG]

Now while this doesn't say specifically that there will be more to the world, it does say that they learnt from the feedback of the first and have worked accordingly for the second!
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

To quote zeropunctuation... isn't the witcher just a single player "mmorpger"?!?!??!??
  9. Offline

a living world would be hard in a linear environment, i think it will be more open, perhaps not on the scale of fallout series though
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I enjoyed The Witcher, will surely play this aswell. This one looks very promising
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

indeed Pete im a huge fan of the witcher and with the huge letdown on DA2 ill die to try this out
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I lol'd

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

PS: its not even a joke :p
  13. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

bet it turned u on pete!
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I've modded better looking textures and models into my games before, but yea it looks nice. :rolleyes:
  15. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

What. Da. Fack? :D
  16. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I think this will become Poland's national game at this rate :p
  17. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

try the worlds best game!
  18. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

oh lord pete xD i had to quickly scroll down the page LOL I dont think my mum and dad would appreciate that being viewed in the living room HAHAHAH xD they behind me xD :rofl:
  19. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

for aspira: I heard there were tentacle monsters in the game aswell
  20. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

There be leviathan type creatures :O

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner