The Roundtable - a Trion visit !

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mizou, Feb 14, 2011.

  1. Offline

    Mizou Community Member

    here is a good read with interviews !

    enjoy !

    a random quote:

    Scott: I can tell you what you absolutely can’t do, is go out and read the forums and just look for pure volume of screaming and you can’t look for ultimatums and you can’t look for those kinds of things.



    Scott: You are falling into a trap that a lot of people fall into and that is: MMO does not equal WoW. Lots of games have succeeded before WoW and lots of games will succeed after.
  2. Offline

    Aspira Admin Officer

    There were games before WoW ??? How preposterous!!!!

    Tbh, I actually imagine there are a lot of people who do believe this statement. Sad.

    Was a very nice read that link Rodderz.

    They are sidestepping the "Are you blatantly copying WoW's dungeon finder question though. Every time I see an interview that asks them about it they dodge the question rather than answer it fully. I personally couldn't care if they copy WoW's system, just aslong as it doesn't port you to the instance, as thats a little too easymode.
  3. Offline

    Mizou Community Member

    i dont want the WoW dungeontool either, a serverwide tool that is. eq2 had a realy good lfg tool and the one aion got after some time was enouph as well. just make it easy to see who is looking for group and who is missing members. simple
  4. Offline

    Aspira Admin Officer

    Alternatively, join a decent guild maybe ?

    Like I said, I don't care if they implement it or not, there are worse things they could do. If they do it however, cross server I would hate, and you would need to be able to kick people easier than the WoW one too.
  5. Offline

    Mizou Community Member

    i love u, too [IMG]
  6. Offline

    Doodle Bush Whacker!

    It does take out the sense of community and server pride. I am also against cross server bg's.. does give us shorter queues yes but it is so in personal. You meet new faces all the time instead of pwning the ppl of your own realm and then meeting the bastard while questing and pwning him again! WoW was best before all the cross server crap =P
  7. Offline

    Wonsie Veteran BOON

    I do think that the LFG system in wow, was good, crossrealm bg is also good. WoLK you could do anything solo, Random instances, random raids, random bg. Was great everything was fast and you could do anything. They just try to make it easier and easier to play the game without having any friends. You could play WoW without having any guild or friends and possible do good now. I just feel it is bad.

    Downside of all that stuff is as you said the community feeling of the game is completly gone, you dont know anyone anymore on the server. Bearly know the other guilds either, because as players on the server never do stuff together.

    The best times in any MMO was in WoW was when the community was working together/playing together, It was daggerspine/kazzak in early days of WoW. When you had your guild to do instances with, raids and also world bosses. You knew people from other guilds, Forte, Guardians, Divine Vengeance, Coalesence, All in, Boon Control, it was all good days. The server felt more like a home then anything else. Maybe we were just lucky at the stages of the game.
  8. Offline

    Katiechops Guild Master

    +1 RAWR!!!!
  9. Offline

    Divinitas Community Member

    Very true Doodle, it did have its positives to though, in the sense of if it was always just your own server it got pretty boring pretty quick if you were in one of the better teams, it was kinda like dredgion in Aion, 90% of the time it was boring easy mode, the other 10% you met somebody who was a decent fight but so rare :(

    best BGs were when you were able to make 25man AV pre mades, that was awesome :p
  10. Offline

    Wonsie Veteran BOON

    I would say it was a faulty in the Aion game, that they didnt have ranked or rated dredgions/signup. Because both sides had good teams.
  11. Offline

    Divinitas Community Member

    True wonsie but those teams were still few and far between if you consider the amount doing each dredgion, if there was a ranked system it would obviously be a lot better

Share This Page

Facebook: