The Raid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saul, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Saul Community Member

2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So I watched it and made a few observations...

#1 - Those guys are fucking weird, I consider myself a hardcore gamer and never once have I thought to myself that I am a defender of good fighting evil..... I just like to fuck shit up.
    #2 - Lich King is the hardest boss ever made in WoW..... please, try Molten Core back when modding was in its infancy and you actually needed skill to defeat content instead of mods to defeat content.
    #3 Thank fuck I am a PvPer.

I enjoyed watching it, but at the same time, I think that video will strengthen the "gamers are fucking weirdos" argument.
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

tbh Sunwell and hardmode Ulduar were harder than MC even back in the day, but yeah I did not like the video at all either. All-though the guy at the start has the same pen as I have!
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I'm so glad I'm done with WoW though. Watching some of that reminded me of a time when the guild came first, my then G/f and my family came second. Not a proud time.

I think it's why PvP has started to appeal more and more to me. PvP is faster... you don't need all evening to prepare and do it. The rewards are greater (Beating another human is always harder), and you get to pwn people!
    Really looking forward to WvWvWvWvWvWvW on Gw2. (How may W's is it supposed to be? :p)
  5. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Whaaaat?
    Guild > All.

But yeah these guys are crème de la crème of wierd ass MMOplayers.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

PvE PEN!!!! BURN HIM!!!!

Actually, Sunwell before the welfare epics was actually pretty fucking hard, I will give you that. I just think that calling any current day WoW content hard is a bit of a joke. Sure it is difficult, but it is all pretty much rehashed mechanics of older bossfights. There is nothing new. Also the amount of mods these day means that its less to do with skill and more to do with timing, which is a joke.

The guild always comes first!!!! :p
  7. Offline

Angelo Community Member

All PvE players are fucking weird.
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

The guild doesn't satisfy my Sexual needs, nor does it feed me. Once it can do those two I'll agree :D
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Speak to Pete, I'm sure he can hook you up.
  10. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I'm a good cook.
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

Oh god Lady Deathwhisper on heroic25 brings back nightmares. Also you should only get the titles like Kingslayer if you do the actual killing on 25 man heroic. 10 man Lich King was easy once you manage to split and had a disco priest.

Oh and biggest nergasm I had on wow was finally doing Princess Huhuran on 40 man with Boon. God that bitch killed.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Some may say it was the best adrenaline rush ever ?
  13. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

sunwell was piss and the boon leadership was terrible with that other guild among it
  14. Offline

Saul Community Member

Nahh mate C-Thun 40 man sucked, especially pre guides and shit.

The point of the video for me is not to appeal to hardcore gamers, but to appeal to those who know nothing about MMO's. Wether is succeeds or not is up for debate, but any documentory on MMO playing is an entertaining watch for me tbh.

As for Fizzee's take on PvP, I would have to agree 100%, thats why most FPS players nowadays are older. I get way more satisfaction out of kicking ass in PvP for 3 hours, than I do out of a 40/25 man 8 hour long raid.

In my office there are about 10 gamers, all over 30, and none of them into MMO's at all, but ask them for a game of L4D2/BF/BFBC/CoD/Etc, and they will bite your hand off, and tbh most likely kick your ass as well.
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I would raid in an MMO if it was 40man again. To call 10man a raid is a joke tbh, 25 man is about as low as I would go before I start just calling it an instance.

Yea they took a long time, but doing them over a few days was fun as you had a laugh on vent and it was an achievement at the end.

I play PvP these days not because of the time factor, but because no developer is being innovative in the design of their PvE encounters these days. We are seeing loads of advancements and innovation in PvP, maybe because it is becoming the more popular game mode, I don't know, but when it comes to PvE, it's just all recycled vanilla WoW mechanics, usually with RNG one shot kill added in for the lulz and insanely high health pools to push the encounters on for longer. I am hoping the new run of MMO's in the pipeline will change this and bring something new to the table when it comes to PvE because as much as I am a diehard PvPer, I do enjoy the odd bit of PvE if it is something new and is well made.
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

10 man is just a slightly larger party, it's a joke.
  17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

and the first raid I spoke on vent :p
  18. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

19. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I think it's a rift clone. Not sure.
  20. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I watched it until the "LOL R U A GIRL" part before immediately closing it

Human beings are pathetic.