The Last of Us

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gurtholfin, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

3. Offline

Trixeh Veteran BOON

Naughty dog make awesome games. The uncharted series was great. Really cinematic.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

It was all about crash team racing on the PlayStation, far superior to crash nitro kart on ps2.
  5. Offline

Saul Community Member

Looks awesome, a true next gen rpg..
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So yea, thought I would necro this thread rather than make a new one about this game.

I recently bought a PS3 just so I could play The Last of Us as although all the mainstream cock-sucking review sites that will print anything for some publisher cock were giving it good reviews, the smaller more honest sites and honest youtube reviewers were also rating it as one of the best games to have come out in a long time, so I thought, fuck it, lets grab a PS3 and see what the fuss is about.

Having finished it late last night on the hard difficulty mode, I can honestly say it is the best single player game I have ever played, in fact, its one of the best games I have ever played regardless of genre or online/offline.

This is probably the first game I have played in a very long time where they have managed to make me care about the characters. You try to keep them safe, and without spoilers, you're actually genuinely sad when there are deaths in the story because the game makes you care about these people. I mean within the first 15mins of gameplay my jaw was on the floor because I couldn't believe what had just happened. The story is just perfectly written if you are into zombie/post-apocalyptic type games, lots of twists and turns to keep you going, "what the fuck!!!".

If you ignore the story, the gameplay is brilliant if your someone who likes tactical/stealth type games. You could play about 90% of the game without firing a single shot if you wanted by just stealthing around and stealth killing enemies, and although ammo is very limited, there is enough to allow you to go all guns blazing at times, but not enough to allow you to do it all the time, so you do find yourself saving your bullets for moments where you need them, rather than running and gunning.

Time-wise, not sure what the average amount of playtime is on your average playthrough, but because I was playing it on hard and ammo as well as everything else was quite limited, I found myself stealthing a lot and searching every room for supplies, so due to this I must have sunk a good 20~30hours into the single player story. I consider this to be pretty decent considering some single player titles I have played recently you can complete in one sub 10hour sitting.

So yea, anyone with a PS3 who hasn't played this yet, do yourselves a favour and get it asap and you will not be disappointed. Anyone without a PS3, if you have the spare cash, its worth it, plus with the PS+ benefits, I already have like 6 or 7 games for my PS3 already.

I really hope that like the rest of the franchises that Naughtydog have made, this one will be a trilogy too.
  7. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

send it my way since you finished it and include the ps3 since you wont be needing that anymore :p
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I will bring it to Gamescom and you can stay in the hotel and play. :p
  9. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Story wise isn't it somewhat similar to Walking Dead the game?
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

In the sense that they both have infected humans, yes. Otherwise, no.
  11. Offline

Paran Community Member

I play the game actually too. Ok if I have a few hours.
    But one thing I can say: amazing!!!

Its like The walking Dead and Im Legend.
    Great Story and good Gameplay. I think its Like the old Resident Evil Games.
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Wish I had a ps3 :( it's exclusive right?
  13. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

yes.
  14. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

One of the better games I ever have played.
  15. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Need to dust off my PS3 it seems -.-'
  16. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

Me wants on PC.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I thought everyone in Sweden was issued with a gaming PC and all consoles as well as infinitely fast download speeds for life?

In seriousness though, its worth buying a PS3 for if you enjoy good storytelling.
  18. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Source

Phone-Sex Hotline Found In The Last Of Us

[IMG]
    4 Comments and 0 Reactions
    This may be the best thing you read all day.
    Naughty Dog has caught a little flack for their critically acclaimed game The Last of Us recently. First actor Ellen Page — when asked during a Reddit AmA about the company using her likeness for Ellie — replied that she wasn’t happy saying:
    I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness. But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated.

Then, the individual who had redesigned Boston’s MBTA rail map was angry that the development team had used the map in their game without even asking him, much less compensating him for it.

As of now, both of these issues seem to have either blown over or been worked out. And that leads us to…
    The phone-sex hotline!

An anonymous source recently reported to Kotaku that they found two numbers within the game for pest control — seems harmless enough… Now.. I’m really not certain why this person bothered, but apparently they called them and found out that the numbers are actually for phone-sex hotlines.
    It’s REAL.

Kotaku did confirm the numbers existed in game and even bothered to call them. (That Mike Fahey guy is braver than me. That’s all I’m saying.)
    But, more recently the game director Neil Druckman addressed the finding saying:
    That was an artist’s mistake. What happened was, they put some phone numbers in the game and then they thought they could just change the area code to 555, then it’s invalid because it’s what they do in movies. But I guess that doesn’t work when you have a 1-800 in front of it.

We’re now working to take it out. It was just an honest mistake.

It’s even more confusing that the tipster bothered to call 555 numbers. Haven’t we all been trained to know that these numbers don’t actually go anywhere?
    Okay… Well… I’m going to guess that people call these fake numbers all the the time and the phone-sex companies are on to that. So… What’s smarter than setting up a phone-sex service and waiting for someone to see the number in a show or game, get bored and call? Actually.. That seems like an awful lot of work for something that might not happen.

The other part that confused me? I’d always assumed that all toll numbers were 900 numbers. But someone apparently more savvy on the subject than I has informed me that tacking an 800 on front of a 555 number also works as a toll number. Whelp.. There we go then.
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So anyone who is not going to play this game (people without PS3's who don't want to buy one for just one game) then if you have the time, you should watch this youtube video...

Yea, I know its 6hours long, but this game is so incredible, its worth it.
  20. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

i really like this game . I watched him on twitch from the beginning to the end. Is really amazing.

Offtopic : Btw guys have u heard about the game called Rust ? Is a hybrid between Minecraft and DayZ with really nice graphics and gameplay. Lots of crafting , building and killing other players.