The Division

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

2. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Buying a ps4 the day this is released.
  4. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Has there been anything more said about a PC release?
  5. Offline

Law Community Member

Prob be like 2months after the PS4 release, dunno really. All I know I will be playing this but not buying a ps4 for it.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I want to play destiny though, which they have openly said will not be put on the pc ever.

So rather than buy a ps4 just for that game, I will grab division too.
  7. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Already have my ps4. Now gonna wait for games to play lol.
  8. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

out of curiosity why's everyone going for the ps4 over the xbox one? I havn't paid attention to any of the new console stuff, but this looks awesome plus I want destiny, so I'll need one of them eventually.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

To be honest, there is not a lot between them now.

When both were first unveiled, the Xbox One had a lot of very stupid features that Microsoft have since removed because they were so badly received by the gaming audience (too many to list, but I am sure there is a thread on these forums about it, if not google will surely fill you in on all the details). In comparison, the PS4 unveiled like a week later (maybe not a week, but it was shortly after) and Sony had basically did the exact opposite to Microsoft (probably on purpose after seeing the Xbox One unveiling). So for example where Microsoft had initially said, "we require a constant online connection to play any game, even single player", Sony said, "You do not need an internet connection to play single player games".

So after the first unveiling, the choices were basically the most DRM ridden home media system ever created (the Xbox One) or an upgrade on the PS3 (the PS4). Since then however, Microsoft have pretty much reversed every badly received decision they made and the two consoles are relatively similar now.

However, the Xbox One is £100 more because you have to buy it with the Kinect camera, and the PS4s camera is an optional separate purchase. The PS4 is also a better system on the hardware level (although to be honest will it be noticeable on console games?).

The main reason I am choosing PS4 over Xbox One though is because in the initial weeks after the Xbox Ones first unveiling, Microsoft argued so hard that all of the badly received decisions were not something they could change because they were so deep rooted in the design of the console. They said it would be impossible to change and people would need to accept it. When people refused and continued to give the Xbox One bad press, the things which were impossible to change were surprisingly changed. This leads me to believe that the majority of the features that Microsoft wanted to be on the Xbox One that have been removed are as easy to switch on and off as a lightswitch is, and it is my belief that over the lifespan of the Xbox One, these features will be turned back on one by one till they have gamers accepting their DRM ridden vision of the next gen money printing machine.

I also like the PS4 because they are going to offer a service next year that will allow you to stream any PSx game onto your PS4, essentially making it backwards compatible in a sense. I am hoping that I don't need to buy all my old games again, but having the opportunity to play old classics on the current system is a nice feature.

TL;DR - Personal choice really, both are similar but there are differences that will make you pick a side quite easily. For me, untrustworthy Microsoft made the decision easy. (I played my brothers Xbox One today, the Windows 8 inspired dashboard is horrible compared to the 360 dashboard and the game I played - Forza 5 - was average at best. I used to love the Forza series but this one has very poor gameplay where it feels like you are driving through sticky jam constantly, massively intrusive DLC system to the point where it felt like I was playing a mobile game with in-app purchasing, but the graphics were nice.).
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Pretty much this, However the difference in hardware is pretty substantial so far, for example, In AC4:BF the PS4 manages a 1080p resolution, the XBONE only 900p
    And the Xbox does not AA on the current titles... As I'm sure all of you being PC gamers know that AA is a fairly big deal. The PS4 has been using about a 4x AA on it's titles so far.

That's quite a huge difference to be honest, a higher res with AA for $100 less? why wouldn't you go PS4

Also, as someone who has used both new controllers, the PS4's is much nicer that the new xbone pad which IMO is horrible.

Finally, the "selling" points of the xbone is it's TV integration with cable services... this is not available outside the US... so you are paying $100 extra for a service you can't currently use.
  11. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

I'm afraid that while I have a PS3 - they lost me with Cinavia. I won't buy any device with Cinavia again - even though it seems more and more devices are going to have it in future. I won't be buying an XBoxOne either. If I need a media server, I might even build one using a Beaglebone running linux or something.
  12. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Pretty certain it is a mandatory requirement for all Blu-Ray devices.
  13. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Might not be enough to stream 1080 properly. HTCPs running XBMC are worth every penny.
  14. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

15. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Word on TS was this is a console only game? Can we put it in a kiddie section please...
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

There is a petition to get it on pc, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
  17. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Yeah you are right.... but I stream all my media so I'm not worried about Blu-Ray. I just want something that streams media without occasionally turning off the sound 30 minutes into it. 90% of the time my PS3 is simply a media server.
    However, even more than Cinavia - I find it next to impossible spending 50 quid+ on PS4/XBoxOne games when I can buy dozens of PC games for the same price via Stream/Humble Bundle.
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Gurtholfin what are you trying to do? Stream from what to where?

I had problems with my ps3 stremaming mkv files to my tv so I bought an HP Proliant micro server, rip and store all my movies/tv on it, then stream to multiple tv's all over the house using a raspberry pi running xbmc plugged into the back of each tv. The pi then streams wirelessly from the micro server to the tv.

My method is probably a bit messy as I am not very clued up on all this, but it works a dream, especially since most tvs in the house are not smart tvs.
  19. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

why are you all running a thousand different boxes in order to get tv shows on your tv instead of just plugging your tv into your pc? confused.
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

the bigge question is... who has time for tv?!