Terran vs Zerg - Banelings...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tendo, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Offline

Tendo Community Member

So I've played a few games vs a friend that plays zerg. Now I got a big problem with his Baneling rushes at start. I wall of ramp at natural and build marines/marauders asap, but that never seems to be enough to keep the Banelings from blowing up my entire wall and his Zerglings just pick off my army after :/

Looked on liquid page and SC2build.com, but can't really find any terran strategy against it.

Was personally thinking of trying to train Concussive Shells for the marauders and then put a scout out so I see the Banelings coming. Marauders on a hill then or so and slow down the Banelings like that? Dunno really, very new to this and seems that those Banelings can be build fairly fast and do a good deal of damage :/

Any tips are more than welcome!
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Do you micro the units to pull individual marines away from the main bulk while they run and shoot?

Split your forces up all over the screen and just micro your pants off
  3. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Bunker behind your wall-off when you scout it. If you don't scout it until very late then pull SCVs to repair. Try to only have one supply depot in your walloff, if you have to have one.
  4. Offline

Kammie Community Member

The only counter to banelings is marine micro, i learnt this the hard way, it fucking sucks when you're whole army is wiped out by baenlings nuzzling you. You have to split your marines up into small groups and move them from the banelings, its tough, there are some videos on youtube showing it done properly.

You could also try seiged tanks on the high ground to aoe some of them as they come in, seiged tanks rape zerg :p
  5. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Siege tanks is midgame tech though. Ling/Bling/Muta is a whole 'nother deal, and has very little to do with a banelingbust ^^
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

My normal tactic.

/cry
    GG

Some swear by stutter step, some try spreading marines out, some place marines in a building. I always find having a scv to take out a single baneling each time was my best method. Remember once you survive the first wave to wall off again. Your opponent has to waste a lot more banelings that way. Also a lot of ppl swear by stim for the speed boost to run away and stutter step.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If you scout it, build a bunker just as Mask said.

On the topic of marine micro vs. banelings.... I saw a video of a guy doing it on youtube using patrol points to split the marines up. Tried it and all I learned is that he must have rebound the patrol key because there is no way you can effectively spam the "p" key unless you have silly large hands. My marine micro method ususally consists of selecting them all, tell them to move to a spot, grabbing a bunch off the main ball and tell them to go somewhere else, rinse repeat till all spread out. Probably not the best way, but hey, I am noob at SC2.
  8. Offline

Tendo Community Member

Thanks all for the replies! Very helpful, gonna test it as soon as I can :D
  9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

i wanna be good at sc2 aswell but i just cant get a hold on the game lol