TERA's Release Date Announced: May 1, 2012

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Merketh, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

January 17, 2012
    En Masse Entertainment is thrilled to announce TERA's official release date to its dedicated community! Following a series of closed beta tests and an open beta test, TERA will launch in North America on:

May 1, 2012
    TERA will be available in Standard and Collector's Editions at retail and online stores. TERA's retail version will be distributed by Atari. We’ll reveal details of each edition’s contents in February.

We have a lot planned for TERA before its May 1 launch, the most immediate being its first closed beta test! If you haven't visited the TERA Beta Sign-Up yet, point your browser to TERA-Online.com to enter your email address for a chance to test TERA before it releases. You’ll also be signed up to receive important TERA news from En Masse Entertainment. Also, if you participated in one of TERA's previous tests or won one of our contests, you'll be invited to join in all TERA beta tests! We’ll be introducing more ways to be invited to TERA's closed beta tests in the coming weeks.

Get the latest TERA developments as they happen! Visit TERA on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ and follow us to receive game news moments after it’s posted. You can also subscribe to En Masse Entertainment’s YouTube channel to be notified when we publish new TERA videos!

January has barely begun and we still have lots in store this month including more details about TERA's beta tests. We'd like to thank the fantastic TERA community for their dedication and passion. If you're visiting us for the first time to read TERA's release date announcement, you've chosen a great time to be a part of the TERA community! Jump onto the official forums and join us for the ride!
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Ooooooo.
  3. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Finally revealed: The release date of TERA! 17.01.2012 By: Raven

Today marks the day you have all been waiting for. We can finally reveal the release date for our beloved game. TERA will launch in Europe on Thursday, 3rd of May 2012.
    Depending on your favourite choice, you’ll be able to buy a boxed copy or digital download version of TERA. We’ll reveal more details on pre-order, digital download and boxed versions in the near future.
    Until then, we still encourage you to sign up for our beta! There will be a couple of tests before the release of the game and thus a lot of opportunities to check out TERA in detail. Everyone who previously tested TERA in 2011 in Europe will automatically be invited for the upcoming tests as well. Keys will also be provided during special contests, giveaways and through media partners. Details on the different beta tests will be released soon, so stay tuned.
    Still not enough? Well then, subscribe to our YouTube channel, join us on Facebook and Twitter and in our forums to become a part of the growing community of TERA and maybe another chance to receive a beta key in the future, who knows?
    Link: Forum
  4. Offline

Gekido Community Member

I just can't convince myself to be excited about these news, I would've been 4-5months ago :S
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

To be honest, I don't think they could've planned it any better. This is in between the big MMO's and also away from most big non-MMO releases, still I have no incentive to play it myself.
  6. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I'm not even sure what to think. :alien:
  7. Offline

Gekido Community Member

*nonsense deleted* :D
  8. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

I was thinking the opposite :p I don't think they could have planned it any worse, because Swtor will still be quite active and May means in the middle of TSW and GW 2 (if its a Q2 launch for it) meaning I dont see any room for Tera. If we get a confirmed Q2 GW 2 release, I say they should have postoned yet again tbh till the fall.

(not to mention the ton of strong SP games, and stuff like Diablo 3 coming out to compete with)
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

If they sort the open beta well and the game is good enough its careface when its released. Competing with non-MMO games is like meh, who cares about a SP game after a week of playing. Perhaps not D3 (but then again soon TM) but GW2 I predict much later this year tbh. Also, this release is just 2 years late :<
  10. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Edit: Learn to read, Xom.

Unsure whether to play this for now.
  11. Offline

Saul Community Member

I doubt you will see GW2 Release until Q3 or Q4 of 2012.
  12. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

It's finally coming out, lets hope the English publishers don't ruin it.
  13. Offline

adagio Moderator

It might hit the same time as mists of pandaria, which could kill it before it even gets going.
  14. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

The next WoW expac will be in November/December time. For TERA I'd be worried about TSW, GW2 and Diablo3 tbh, any of which releasing within a month (either side) of TERA will kill it!
  15. Offline

Ceth Community Member

i am SO gonna play that! Cant wait for it :love:
  16. Offline

adagio Moderator

You sure about that wow date? They just put in the deathwing fight last month so that should be the last of the cata patches. Unless they have some filler material I would have thought July at the latest.
  17. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

WoTLK had the dragon added after arthas was killed. I expect similar.
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

Do you know I must be getting old as I can't remember that at all. :(
  19. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I'm just going by when they have released previous expacs, it's been the end of the year for all 3 (TBC was due in December but Slid at the last minute into January).
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I would have thought Pandaria would be sooner too. All the "pre-release" stuff if you want to call it that has all been patched in. All it needs now is the zones, the class and the pokemon.

I am going to re-sub it and play pokemon battles only!!!