TERA Release Date set for Spring 2012.

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Angelo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Angelo Community Member

I don't know what to say, Good thing or bad thing? Was really hoping for a release this year but now thats out the window. Seems by the time they release we will have a lot of other MMO's launched or close to launching no?
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

They are dodging SWTOR, which I think is a good move.
  3. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Hope they actually make some good changes so it doesn't turn out as a classic "translated"- and not properly westernized -korean game, like Aion release 1.0. Now they got the time for it, gogo 2012. I'm not sure what I hope they make out of it. :s
  4. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes, if they can make some good changes at least to the OWPvP side of things I guess its worth the wait. If they give a translated version of the Korean Version then that'll be just meh.
  5. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I hope it's just translated.

The levelling pace is already "western", it doesn't need anything else doing really to westernise is anymore.
  6. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i have mixed feelings about this game mainly because of the pvp. The lack of ganking.. is just not my style. I play mmo's to gank, grief and generally be a category A cu..
    hhrm, i mean i dont like it very much my good sir's

and mam's
  7. Offline

Angelo Community Member

The only thing I have a problem with is the whole PvP system. I want to gank dem noobs -_-
  8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Lack of Ganking what.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Love the game, but next year is going to be a year where lots of games are released and I just can't see TERA making as big an impression as it would have if they released this Winter.

Looking forward to it though.

Offtopic slightly.... TERA dying in Korea atm.
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I liked Tera, I just couldn't get into it with the korean. I know it's minor but it was a mood killer.

But with GW2 and BF3 on the way I'm not sure i'll give it much of a look.
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

July stats from gametrics

[IMG]
  12. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Tera on spring 2012 ? If gw2 happens to launch near that time... Poor frogster =)
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Lineage 1 more popular than Lineage 2 still ? :eek:
  14. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Iknowrite who would have thought MMO sequels tend to do badly...
    *whistles*
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Lineage (1) is NCsoft's biggest earner year in year since it came out!
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Most of the guys I went to uni with were Lineage 1 players. They all bought Aion then quit and went back to Lineage.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  17. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

I don't think that they are dodging SWTOR because most of the players that want to play that aren't probably going to be into Tera anyway's. I think they are probably putting it off because they just really want to have a clean release and I think that's a good thing except for the problem that there are a lot of big name games coming out next year such as GW2.

I really enjoyed Tera but if I can't convince most of my friends to pick it up because of all the other big name games coming out I will be much less inclined to play it on a daily basis. I hope it can still grab the attention of MMO gamers, I think it will be an amazing game if they can get some more popularity, because right now, face it hardly anyone even knows about Tera.
  18. Offline

Akemi Veteran BOON

19. Offline

Shantotto Guest

20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I love the idea of TERA and the game itself was beautiful, but there is no denying that it is failing to attract players in Korea. Their own studio has publically said this and said they are working to address the problem.... mainly being a huge lack of content.

I just hope that if it does get axed in Korea, which is highly probably, they don't axe the Western version. Then again, I honestly think delaying the release till 2012 was a huge mistake as you are going to have big names to compete with. GW2 and D3 are rumoured to both be released around the same time as TERA (if it releases in 2012), and if this actually happens, I see it struggling in the west.