TERA is awesome

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Aspira, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

[IMG]

You knows it.
  2. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Don't forget I told you so. Now give EU version. Cba fucking around with Korean crapz0rs. :)
  3. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Frogster will fuck up eu version :( may aswell start thinking of US version tbh...
  4. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

btw aspira... WHERE ARE YOUR TITS, FFS???!?!?
  5. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

I really don't like the looks of aspiras character. Alaisy seems to be the only one able to make characters!
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

:eek: Silly Wonsie!!!
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

lol Wonsie, spend a whole day before I could decide what to go for though :p.
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

His character is pre-pubescent therefore tit-less :p
  9. Offline

Bluff Community Member

we will be play it together when the EU version is up, just stop playing the korean version and play RIFT with us, dont want you to get bored from the game before it releases.
  10. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Ye errrm... RIFT was boring even before it comes out and now is one of worst games i played tho. TERA gives you fun even while killing normal mobs! I cant wait when i hit 40 and taste real pvp!
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Going from Tera to rift would make us all commit suicide.
  12. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I'm always on TS :) if you need 1 more for warfronts (be it 4->5 or 9->10) you can call me instead of taking a random :p
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i did a bit of read up on this game, specially the pvp part. Is it true that you have to pay gold to buy items to be able to pk people? otherwise you cant attack anyone in the open world... if this is true, then that right there just destroyed it for me.

using said item declares war on the player and he has 5 seconds to react.. wtf =( what happend to good old suprise buttseck
  14. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Yes that's true, but why would it be destroyed?

The equivalent money cost is like it costing 10000 kinah, it's a trivial amount of money and the opponent gets a 5 second warning.

There is a lot of cool stuff though, you can have group battles ranging from 2v2-10v10 where you can bet money and/or items that go to the winning team, and there is a battleground feature as well.
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

this just makes pk'ing people akward, i have to run up to a guy (btw a pvper is a poor man =P) use an item, stare at him for 5 sec and than have a go at it. And what if i want to camp the guy? I have to use the item several times or is just one use and you are free to pk this guy for ever kind of thing?
  16. Offline

Mizou Community Member

this item just sounds so wrong tbh... but will see how it turns out to be.

tbh i cba to play it in korean with no english / german translation. spending even 20 euro for this sounds more wrong then buying rift for 47 euro and playing it for 2 weeks ^^
  17. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

U mean 10$ and 22$ monthly fee?
  18. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Actually that "buy an item to pk people" is awesome. I played several mmos in the past and the "chaos potion" pk mode is by far the best.
    i don't know the exact implementation on tera, but on RF Online, the chaos potion turned your char "chaotic" and for the duration you could attack and be attacked by other players. This, imo, is better than the karma system from L2, since it saves you the hassle of having to grind mobs to remove karma...

Ofc, one could argue that the best pk system is Age of conan's... where you could attack anyone anywhere anytime... :p and if you kill some1 you get criminal points... and from then on it would be like l2 karma...
  19. Offline

Bluff Community Member

"buy an item to pk people"is shit, wtf ..., anyway i was never a fan of world pvp, i am "forced" to do world pvp cuz i needed Abyss Points (Aion) or Prestige & Favor (Rift)

world pvp is too unfair, killing a lowbie or unprepared guy is not challenge, i do that because i need the reward coming form it, not because i like ganking people who are not ready to fight and make their lifes miserable.

i am more interested in the Arenas they will add to the EU version, (or is it out in the korean version already ?),

i am still not bored from RIFT yet, i still enjoy playing it, maybe cuz i have all those eXi noobs around me, we will see how it goes when EU TERA BETA is out. cuz there are alot of eXi members who decided to skip RIFT and go directly for TERA (taro, seraphin, nela, hawkeye and much more....), gonna be fun and nice re-union under BC name again.
  20. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Arena's are fun too , I like both. But in any game both World PvP and Arena's are heavily imbalanced, if you want PvP balanced you go play Guildwars GvG with everyone having a PvP premade character with the same gear...

I haven't played GvG yet so I cant comment on wether I like it or not, but just watching other people fighting it out looks really fun. The only type of PvP I really do not like is Warfronts/Battlegrounds which you need to do over and over again, especially hate CTF.