Tera help - random crashes

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by adagio, May 8, 2012.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Had the game one week now and I have managed to get to the dizzy heights of lvl 3. The problem I have is a out of memory error crash. It even happens on the Queue in screen where I have only got past once.

I have changed gfx drivers, turned down all gfx settings. Even sound has been turned off to see if it has any effect. Only time I managed to get to the game was when I set Tera to two cores and I managed to get to lvl 3. I have also reinstalled 3 times, twice on c: and once on d: in case the game didn't like ssd raid setup. Tried repairs but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas how I can get past the login queue more frequently other than those posted on Tera forums and Wikipedia.
  2. Offline

adagio Moderator

Guess what!!! Four days and I have heard nothing back about this error from Tera.
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

What's your computer spec again?
  4. Offline

adagio Moderator

I5 2500k @4.5ghz h60 corsair cooler
    8gbs of ram
    msi twin frozr 560ti nvidia
    650w corsair
    2x120gbs m5 ssds in raid config
    Cooled in a Antec 900 case

Still getting this error

https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/295/~/error:-000a:0000-insufficient-memory

I queue for 20 mins it gives insufficent memory error and crashes. I requeue and it happens the same. The only time I have played the game is when i set my cpus to dual core and run the game on lowest settings and I got about 20-25mins before it crashed.
  5. Offline

Tal The Architect

Maybe run memtest? You could actually have some faulty ram. I'd recommend doing it overnight.
  6. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Do you get booted out of the game, to the launcher and with some Frogster message popping up about "insufficient memory"?
  7. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

had this before in other games. Has always been because my ram gave up on me or it could actually just be loose
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

Yes this is the error I get. It's now been 7 days and 2 messages and I have still heard nothing back from frogster. Will try theyre online service tonight and then a phonecall if not I shall ask for a refund. This is worse than paypal but at least they reply.
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

have you checked your ram? :p
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

Well I tried it with 3 different types of memory but I haven't done a memtest yet :p
  11. Offline

Azenie Community Member

Have you found any solution for this because it just attacked me as well. 59 levels went fine and today hit a new area, game crashed, and now I cant even log in with my war without getting that insufficient memory error. I can create new chars and log in with my lvl 10 alt, only my warrior is out of order. Done everything they suggest at the forums, new drivers, more the enough free disc space and plenty of virtual memory. Run 2 memory tests, the one that windiws has and memtest86, both came out clean. And ofc the repair option is useless. HLEP!!
  12. Offline

adagio Moderator

If you have already played a bit try just lowering your gfx settings.
  13. Offline

Azenie Community Member

Sent a mail to frogster support and they actually fixed it. Didnt say what it was, just that its fixed, and to my surprise it was
  14. Offline

adagio Moderator

wow, still waiting for my e-mail 10 days later. what support url did yo use?
  15. Offline

Azenie Community Member

16. Offline

adagio Moderator

After 10 days i got this reply

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your message and your patience.

Have you run a diagnostic tool for your RAM yet?

It may be that there is some kinda fault with it, causing the client to crash after some time.

Best Regards,
    Rick "Kiareko"

I even mentioned in my first E-mail that I had run a memtest and tried different memory.
  17. Offline

adagio Moderator

I sent a e-mail asking for my money back as I believe 10 days waiting for a reply is scandalous. Wonder if it will take 10 days for them to reply this time.
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Probably more. Or they'll try the old "well you logged in so no money for you" trick like Aspira got for SWTOR.
  19. Offline

adagio Moderator

Yeah but aspira got his brother (what he calls Korean farmers these days) to max a character for him.
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It took Bioware 2 weeks to contact me when I was unable to play my character in SWTOR due to a bug. In the meantime I had been playing an alt. In the e-mail they sent me, they said "This is a known issue and we suggest playing another character till its fixed as there is no eta on the fix yet". I contacted them asking for a refund as I was not able to play the game as advertised when I bought it, ie. the box said I could play as an Imperial Agent, and I couldn't, and the reply I got from Bioware was "you have been playing the game on an alternate character, so you are not due a refund as you have still been accessing the game".

Basically, they don't care Adagio. You are the one person out of million who has an issue and they would rather sweep you under the rug and circle jerk over the millions of happy subscribers than acknowledge your issue. At least this is the impression I took away from dealing with Bioware. I really doubt I will buy any of their products again, not because of game quality (everyone expects some bugs) but because of the lack of support and the support you do get being completely useless.

/rant