Tera - Europe beta sign-up

Discussion in 'TERA' started by TOMMCAT, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

They made the game good or just translated the Korean version?
  3. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

I really don't know but i looked on the screenshots from the registration site and i saw that in those photos the name of the character appears in korean.
  4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Purely translated (although the storyline etc will have been adjusted to make sense to a western audience)
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The game now has a large amount of endgame PvE content. There was a huge issue when the game was released with it only having like one instance at endgame, but it now has enough content to keep PvE orientated players happy at endgame. Key thing to note here; PvE players.

What you need to remember is that TERA is a very PvE centered game. There has been talk from the devs and interviews on http://www.thisisgame.com/ about the upcoming PvP patch with is going to introduce meaningful world PvP and cross server invasions etc. but this has been discussed for like well over 6months now and I have never seen any definitive evidence that it is going to happen.

If your looking for a PvP game, avoid TERA in its current state as you will hate it. If your looking for PvE game then you will love TERA. In my personal opinion I still see WoW and LotRO as being the best PvE games there are, which I know a lot of people will QQ about and disagree, but I am happy to say that TERA comes in right after them. It has graphics that are equal to, if not better than, Aion and the PvE is enjoyable and uses mechanics that will be new and refreshing to players who are used to recycled WoW mechanics.
  6. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Trying to force myself to sign up to a free beta but... It's not even worth that.

The moment I read about how the so called pvp works in this game waaaaaaay back when it just got released made me loose interest
  7. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

+1
  8. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

The NA beta sign-up is also out. I really want to rage and tell all of you how wrong you are about Tera but it's not worth the effort because you won't change your minds.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea I don't bother either dude.
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

Problem is mmos are saturating the market and honestly half of them are not worth the time. Remember the amount of times you have been dissapointed by a new mmo that offered the world but delivered you Scotland. It's made us mmoers cynical about what's to come.
  11. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes I really hope they do something with the PvP, there's so much potential. But I saw this quote thrown around on the NA Forums
    Then theres this thread http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23556

Will just have to wait and see what they throw at us, hopefully for better than for worse.
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

no more buying an item and "asking" the other guy if its oki if i PK him? lol
  13. Offline

Angelo Community Member

I've never seen something more stupid in terms of pvp, like seriously. Its like being a thief and walking up to someone and going, can you accept that im going to take all your money and beat you up.
    Also, in KR it was increased to 10 seconds I believe lol.

Like some people mentioned though, in KR there was no such thing as a divide between PVP servers and PVE.
  14. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

It's a core game mechanic, there is no way that it will be removed, especially for the Q_Q West (sic: Most NA players).
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Aye, there is no difference, basically that other quote you found is EME's way of saying we're going to give you carebear servers where there is no chance of OW PvP.
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

They are STILL having this in the game in the western version? Cmon Stateofreality, rage and tell us otherwise :<
  17. Offline

Ceeo Community Member

KC's gonna raeg!
  18. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

They made it so you don't need an item to PK anymore once you do a quest in the Korean version. As for western version I don't know. You guys are just talking about open world PvP though there is more than just that, like open guild vs guild combat and pre-made battlegrounds. The PK system is only in Tera to prevent pointless griefing. The PK system basically just works like a duel system only you can't decline, I don't really see what is so horrible about that. Unless you are one of those people who don't like a fair fight I guess.
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Huh?! Griefing is never pointless! The point is to get the enemy to rage/QQ.

Tera has a loltastic PvP approach, warn a player 10 seconds before you attack. Where is the fun in that? Run through a zone, see enemy, flag them, they run away before combat is allowed?!
    Pffff carebear shit right there.
  20. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I never understood whats interesting about winning an unfair fight.