Tera account ban

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Necrionet, May 31, 2012.

1. Offline

Necrionet Community Member

Seems that a lot of people that bought the game from a non frogster reseller (onlinekeystore,g2play etc.) got their account banned for no reason (me and syralia too).

i Post the link to the thread : https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=96871

i hope they fix this shit soon, or i have to quit tera for sure. I will not buy another copy of the game and start from zero again.
  2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

If it wasn't a frogster authorised reseller then its quite possible they acquired keys through less than legitimate means.
    Not saying this is the case, but if your copy is a stolen key then its not frogsters responsibility to reimburse/reactivate you.

This may not be the case, but make sure you chase the people you bought the game from as well as frogster.
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

From the looks of it the keys in question have been purchased by the supplier by a nefarious means (generally stolen or fake CC) then resold to unsuspecting customers. This strangely enough happens quite a lot in this industry :( and there is next to nothing that can be done :(
  4. Offline

Lol here the answer of one of the 2 reseller i used :

The people at Frogster are utter morons. I'm very sorry this has happened to you but if you go on their forums, you will see that there are many like you who have had their accounts suspended for no reason by Frogster. You are the first of my customers to have this problem, but it is pretty widespread. There is "no more information" we can provide - they (Frogster) are the ones who have banned your account not us. I can assure you that your activation key was 100% legitimate key from a retailer. I will contact my supplier for more information - try to chat with their live support to get more information if you can

Thanks
  5. Offline

Here another answer from another retailer : "I dont know if you are aware of that situation. Tera system was hacked yesterday and suffer a big damage on custmer accounts. As you may guess retailers or dealers have nothing to do with this problem. We cannot provide any information because we or any other shop contacted them. They are trying to put their problems for the other side. Did you read their forums? https://forum.tera-europe.com/showth...=96871&page=12, you can see part of what is happening there."
  6. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

I believe that's a surprisingly dumb move from Frogster.

CBA explaining much, but blocking certain cash inflows from subscriptions to "punish" a distribution/channels/suppliers problem seems stupid.

10%*50€*X New players > 100%*12€* overtime* current "illegal" key owners? I doubt.

They should idd do something, but that's just ...
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I think its handled wrong. They should ban the account with a message explaining they are victims of stolen keys but can reactivate their account by purchasing a legitimate key via the Tera shop.

That allows people to not loose their time and progress in game, at the same time banning stolen keys (which obviously they should do) plus make the money for a legit copy.

The problem is not banning accounts with stolen keys as they must ban them or why bother buying a legit copy, but in removing possibility to get their progress back thus reducing the potential people who will buy it legit.
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Problem is that publishers get charged quite a bit for a credit card charge back (upwards of 2-3 times the original cost) so most will just blanket ban the offending serial codes, they have no idea who purchased from a third party believing that they were getting a legit code and who willingly tried to defraud them!
  9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

u quit tera acina?
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Currently have no time for anything :(

(not quit though)
  11. Offline

Finally after almost a week, i've managed to get a new key from my retailer and they have reactivated my account, now we are waiting for the new key for Syralia and then we are back in the game.
  12. Offline

It seems that there is no way to obtain a new key from his retailer to reactivate Syralia's account, so we will quit Tera. See ya all guys on the bwe of gw2.