Tekkit - stuff that doesn't work

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Karasu, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Offline

Karasu Community Member

• Equivalent exchange - disabled on server
    • Beekeeping, Backpacks.. - not available in SMP
    • Some Redwire circuits - ??
      > Toggle latch for example
    • Quantum Leggings - ??, SOLVED: Use CTRL
      > Supposed to give 3.5x sprint speed
    • Obsidian Pipes - ??
      > Should suck items if powered by an engine. Tried several scenario's including conductive pipes.
    • Advanced Wooden Pipes - ??
      > Crashes client when right-clicked. Sometimes happens with Teleporter Pipes too
    • Steel Ingots - ??
      > Part of Minefactory Reloaded.
    There's loads more probably. I might be doing things wrong but if you could check some of these things out that's be awesome.
  2. Offline

adagio Moderator

Let's be honest and say tekkit is a great idea but really really badly implemented. You only have to look on they're forums to know the problems.

In all honesty I'm surprised multiplay is still running any tekkit servers considering the amount of severe errors it spits out in the logs.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

But its epic.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  4. Offline

Tal The Architect

Seriously the teleport pipes are screwed. They keep crashing my client.
  5. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Ah yeah.. same with the advanced wooden pipes
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

You could help the server by turning everything off when you leave the server. A known bug with pipes is that anyone who leaves a server with a quarry still running will lag the server.

From what I can make out anything in pipes when you leave the server and the chunk is unloaded. Is then treated as if its sitting on the floor, it could be in your chest but the server doesn't know that. You then log back in later, server loads your chunk and suddenly thinks. Shit, there's 3 chests worth of cobble to move. This then causes everyone to lag for 3-4 mins while it sorts itself out. If this happens during the main time in the evening I will flush the system and anything the server thinks is sitting on the floor will be wiped.

Try not to be clever and only use a quarry when you are online and near your quarry.
  7. Offline

Karasu Community Member

I usually try to turn off as much as I can when I leave the server. Might have to install a remote system for it. Personally I haven't had much lag or it didn't take as long to load my chunks. Possibly because I am very close to spawn.

BTW, I found my answer. LCONTROL is actually sprint but was granted the new zoom function. Super-sprint does work, but with LCONTROL and not double tap.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Teleport pipes work 100% for me.

9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

fueled jetpack works but when u try to land even if u are 1 cm over the ground u hit the ground to hard and die every time
  10. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

i lol'ed IRL... HAHAHA
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

well i bet u wont lol when u try it
  12. Offline

adagio Moderator

he may have the sense to wear rubber boots
  13. Offline

Saul Community Member

I lold too...
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Don't fall asleep and leave a 64x64 quarry running.....

I did last night, it ran for 10 hours......

I had to remove 19,000 blocks of cobblestone that were floating in my processing room this morning, lol.
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Why did you make a 64x64 quarry?! You realise it's the least cost and time effective way of mining unless you like cobblestone.

You're better of with several small quarries.
  16. Offline

Karasu Community Member

64x64 is the lazy method.. hardly any maintenance but you have to wait a few days before the interesting stuff pops out (and you do get a LOT). I set up two of those atm but there's something wrong with my lava supply =/
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Exactly as Karasu says, its ultimate lazy mode.

All my cobble was supposed to be insta scrapped (which it should be now). SO basically I am producing shitloads of UU-Matter, like a 64 stack every 2 hours, because I am using the large quantities of cobblestone to mass produce scrap to boost the mass fabricator.
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

I don't know what was going on yesterday but someone was managing to use 85% CPU power by themselves.
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Saul has made a doomsday machine ?

20. Offline

adagio Moderator

Either that or he has figured out he has the admin powers to use nukes.