Tekkit Server Changes

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Should EE be disabled

Yes, disable it all, its stupidly broken. 9 vote(s) 81.8%
No, I like easymode. 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Should Equivalent Exchange be disabled, yes or no ?

There are a lot of Tekkit servers that disable it because it is so overpowered in comparison to the other mods and we are already starting to see how brokenly overpowered it is in comparison to the other mods on our server and we have only been playing it for a week!!!

It's not just the fact the mod is causing balance issues, there is also the fact that it contains items that can cause the server to have a shit fit and die (3+ hours fixing the server tonight was not exactly fun for Fizzee).

Anyways, if the majority want it left on, then fine but its up to you guys to decide.

Note: This will not affect the map and will not force us to start over. I say this because I know somewhere Saul is reading this and going "NOT AGAIN!!!!!! FUUUUUUU!!!!!". So yea, this doesn't mean starting over dude.
  2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Disable it.... (after I've got some diamonds out of it, I'm not having over a weeks work for nothing)
  3. Offline

Saul Community Member

Is this the thing that gives you the uber lazers, Dynamite, etc, if so and it does not impact my uber railway setup, then i'm fine with disabling it. especially after the "Run Forest Run" antics of last night. :mad:
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Lol the things it would remove are the transmutation tablets, diving rods, collectors and relays, Klein stars etc. won't touch railcraft stuff.

Also last nights antics were purely us dicking about whilst the repaired map uploaded, which took HOURS due to errors.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Poll will close at 6pm tonight.

If disable wins, you will have till 7 to stock up on easymode materials before its disabled.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

Why? Will you be making the server changes? ;)

Also I would say take off the easy mode as its not in anyway helpful to those who have worked hard building machines. Gathered resources to make one engine that hardly works just to gather more mats. Then someone comes along and can in the end make 4 diamonds ever 20 secs out of thin air.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I have been hanging around here long enough to know if you don't put a deadline on stuff, it never happens!!!

8. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

leave it on until i got my flying ring or remove the flying rings from fizzee and karasu!

or even better start a new world where noone gets to benefit from EE at all
  9. Offline

Tal The Architect

Might be worth just starting the server again from scratch.
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Something tells me starting again would give Saul a aneurism.

And fozia, removing EE will remove all the stuff from the game so don't worry, I'll be the worst affected person in the server.
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

as long as u dont get flying and lighting crap
  12. Offline

Pauleh Veteran BOON

Starting again would be a bit of a pain, finally finished my first building after a week, altho atleast i've found closure in the fact that its complete and i won't be so OCD as to want to build it again just cause i never got to see how it would look finished.

I'm only grasping the basics so far but if people have flying boots or flying cars or planes that can fly underwater or technological terrors with the power to destroy planets it has little to zero effect to me so i don't see the big deal.
  13. Offline

Saul Community Member

Fuck off, have you any idea how many times I have drowned, or how much bloody Clay I have had to mine, or how many times ive been caught out in the middle of nowhere with a shitfull of resources, just as it goes dark, or how many times ive had to sit in a 1by1 coffin and await daylight, all to make my Coke Ovens and my Brick Factory they stand in?? no restarts please..:stomp:
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

No restart unless Saul gets free mats tbh.

Remove ee and keep going is my vote, no restarts.

15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Agreed, if people want a "fresh start" I'm happy to tear down your house and kill you before tping you to a random location miles from us and set your spawn there :p
  16. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

You are so mean -.-

I have to spend more time playing Tekkit coz for now im like 'i have no idea what im doing'
  17. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

You also need to learn organisational skills :p
    (I tried to raid your house on SP last night when we were looking for the broken part of the map, dear god how do you know where everything is????)
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

I have nukes!!! I hear they clear some space.
  19. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

If you were looking for it on the current map we play then you couldn't find it as i have no house there :D
  20. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

lets do it and all the scots has sto build in snowy areas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.