Swtor vs Wow vs GW2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jon Paul, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Offline

Jon Paul Community Member

Just wondering what everyone is going to play, if most of the guild fancies playing GW2 then Im definitely game for pre purchase :D let me know x
  2. Offline

Tent Community Member

By the looks of it most people will be playing GW2 one way or another.
    And because GW2 requires no subscription I would think some might play wow or swtor alongside it.
    It will be a while until guild wars is released though, I somehow doubt many people will still be playing SWTOR all that much when guildwars is released.
    Unless they do something really amazing, but I personally don't see that happening.
  3. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Kinect franchise (ftw) vs Pandas & Pokemon vs Dota3!?
  4. Offline

adagio Moderator

I'll probably play GW2 and WoW. Warcraft is probably still the most fun I have had in any MMO and when a few of us last played a few months back the lower levels had moved on so much. I just wished they hadn't made Twink pvp so flippin biased towards hand me down weapons.
  5. Offline

Im thinking i might just play GW2 and fuck swtor right off..... as tent says ..... i cant see them doing anything unbelievable :)
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

GW2 and almost exclusively Wuvwuvwuv.
    Hopefully I will have seen all I want to of PvE by launch during the beta weekends when I pre-purchase next week :D
    Can't wait.

Tbh WoW is more of the same, and whilst it's good, it's done to death and I can't see myself ever enjoying it again.
    SWTOR is just bad. Will not be going near it again.
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

SWTOR has everything I wanted, willing to wait for endgame stuff but atm it's keeping me busy enough. I'll skip GW2 probably, and I'll play Archage if it ever comes out on the Western market.

WoW has been ruined from every angle possible for me, don't want to ruin the good memories by playing it in its current state.
  8. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I was massively disappointed in SWTOR. However, what I'm seeing from MoP is even worse. I'll wait for GW2 and indeed, WvWvW all the way!
  9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

mop cant be worse than swlol
  10. Offline

Feidan Community Member

11. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

At least Swtor was "something else" whereas MoP is "more of the same".
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well, when "the same" is better than the other thing, then "more of the same" can't be bad in comparison to something of lesser quality.
  13. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I disagree. Cataclysm was more of the same and lasted me approx 2 weeks. Swtor lasted me 2 months.

I'm not saying it's better (WoW certainly is, and I do think MoP will be), i'm saying it's more enjoyable doing something different for a change. Even something of admittedly lesser quality.
  14. Offline

so see you all on gw2 then ;P we best decide what server were going on early :D
  15. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

GW2 ofc. and thats it.
  16. Offline

adagio Moderator

The thing is, WoW doesn't need to change. Its still the most dominate MMO on the market simply because it is still the best after all these years. The only thing that has changed is us. We look for better than when we first played wow and it gave us that buzz. We all want the perfect MMO but that will never happen as everyone is different. Players will always find faults and thats how it will always be. SWTOR will go on and get better, GW2 will do well simply because of its new description and WoW will still be top due to new players wanting to experience the greatest MMO to date.
  17. Offline

Feidan Community Member

But wow changed, a lot. It made huge amount of changes some for better some for worse but it is different right now than it was 5 years ago.
  18. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I'm going to go into cold-storage and wait for Titan.

Alternatively, RvR in GW2.
  19. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

These forums were flooded with (accurate) info and flaming debates about how SWTOR would end up. Can't say I'm surprised to what happened which makes it hard to be dissapointed, cuz that would infer I was expecting something else from the game.

After having said "I'm never returning to WoW" and then got proven wrong like numerous times I now stopped that self-deluding approach. Ofc I'll go back, hopefully with some BOONs and check stuff out, like we did that time before SWTOR which was fun. Mess around a bit with new content, see what Blizz made that has any good points to it and then probably take a break again after a month or two.

I'm having a hard time being hyped about GW2 though. Some call it WuvWuv, some call it PvDoor and some a mopa like - Dota3 (Fizzee, Mask & Doodle).

If all else fails, pull an Allstar, and wait for Titan and World of Derpness.
  20. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON