SWTOR Benchmarking

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Xom, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

3. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Aye though I think I can get more AA with mij 6950 in BF3 than SWTOR with same framerates, if what Tom's Hardware wrote is true. Kinda weird. Ah well, we'll see on release.
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I played it with both a 6950 and GTX 470, they're quite close to each other and more than enough to play at high settings.

With 2 x 6950's it only rarely drops below 60 FPS, really just the main spacestations with tons of people where it goes down to 20-25FPS. Playing on a 120 hz screen as well, and it generally does feel incredibly smooth. Also very short loading times with it installed on an SSD.

Think its the same story as with other MMO's such as WoW and Aion, it all depends on the amount of people active in 1 area. But like Aion, it does benefit from some graphics power. If I shut one of my 6950's down my FPS halves, so they already did quite a bit of optimization.

I'm a bit disappointed Tom didn't test Crossfire, but only SLI. This while the AMD cards are doing excellent in SW:TOR, comparatively much better than Nvidia in this game surprisingly.

PS: I doubt they're done optimizing Anti-Aliasing, it seems to take a much greater toll on FPS than it should. Also Tom should stick with benchmarking, F2P games that are available now are rubbish. Calling games like these premium: Need For Speed World, Vindictus, DC Universe Online, and Dungeons and Dragons Online.
  5. Offline

Bluff Community Member

i have a problem with my SWTOR client.
    i have seen SWTOR YT videos and screen shots with shadows, however i cannot see any shadows in my Screen even when i maxed out every setting in the graphics option, any tips ?!