SW loading time.

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Tendo, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Tendo Community Member

So since yesterday the loading time of quest cinematics is going insanely high. 3min + sometimes just to load a quest and 5min + to load zone transfers :s

CPU usage is around 55% and RAM around 60%. Upgraded drivers last week.

Was wondering if it could have something to do with my hard drive? Fairly full atm and gonna buy a new one soon but not sure if it could be that or not.

Any advice is more than welcome :)
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Try alt+tabbing regularly to refresh your game, works for me and gets rid of memory leakage I presume. And avoid windowed mode if you have something like SLI/Crossfire.
  3. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

i find loading times to be generaly random. sometimes takes seconds, somtimes it takes 1m+
    for the same area that is.
  4. Offline

Tal The Architect

Everyone has been complaining about crappy loading times. Xom has SW:TOR installed on an SSD and was still unimpressed at how long it took to load.
  5. Offline

Happos Community Member

I had the same problem with massive loading screens, turns out I was using 95% of my RAM so added another gb, now I'm down to 10/40sec loading screens. But seeing as you're just using 60% of it, I don't know.
  6. Offline

Tendo Community Member

I was thinking of getting an ssd but im doubting. Atm i have a rather small budget and there are several things i need a new hd for. I need more storage room to record on, but on the same time i thought an sss might help repond times.

Perhaps i shouls do a scan for malfunctions or so? Anyone knows a good scanner? Something like ccleaner or so.?

Thanks for the help!
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

The only loading screens that take longer than 30 seconds for me are the planets. Make sure your SSD isn't completely full, some SSD's like Crucial and Intel (Marvell Controller) cut part of the space out just to reserve it incase it gets too full.

Even the new SSD's have the same problem, put to much onto them and they start crawling. And Tsukiyo, just buy an early generation SSD (non SATA 3) like X-25M from intel or buy a Crucial M4, they are still fast and they are much more affordable (also reliable compared to Sandforce (Vertex's, Agility's OCZ).
  8. Offline

Tendo Community Member

Ok will check that out! Thanks!
  9. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Well on my Crucial SSD (124GB, half full, no reserve etc), planets take ages to load. Like, Alderaan takes 80-90 seconds. Pretty unacceptable. 8 GB's of RAM too. This game is ridiculously ineffecient with the computer resources it utilizes (same for GPU, considering what poses at shadows this game).
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Yeah fancy hardware doesn't pull this game ahead much loading or FPS wise. Don't go empty your wallet on high-end gear, you will find out it doesn't use the extra resources anyway. Albeit it's a lot better then early beta, still both my GPU's are used at an average of 75% according to GPU-Z. This while in BF3 they were at 99% after several AMD driver updates.

I believe it's as much to do with the game as with the GPU drivers/profiles, in a month or so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up having both cards running at full speed. Problem with MMO's = lots of patches, game changes and GPU manufacturer has to update their drivers over and over again, as opposed to an FPS or single player game that doesn't change as dynamically.

I have yet to play an MMO that has been optimized from the start. If anyone brings up WoW, you are incredibly wrong. It loves old systems, but just like TOR it doesn't benefit much from fancy high end hardware :(.
  11. Offline

Tal The Architect

TOR seems to be mostly maxing out my CPU more than the GPU anyway.
  12. Offline

Felby Community Member

same here
    CPU working around the clock while GPU is taking a nap compared
    load times are kinda silly at certain places :(