Super Monday Night Combat.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Did anyone else try this free to play game that was released yesterday? I get the fact its a cross between team fortress 2 and moba style games with a splash of American tv commentary thrown in. On paper it sounds great but in my opinion its just very very boring.

Moba style games rely on ganks and teamwork to make it fun. TF2 has fast action and class variety to make its fun. SMNC seems to lose a lot of these to make the styles fit.

SMNC seems to just be a follow the rails shooter where your health is to high for melee to gank you. Special abilitys (tested soldier) seem more about movement than trapping someone for a kill. I only had two games due to servers being swamped but I just wanted others opinions on the game.
  2. Offline

Karasu Community Member

"Free" is a big word.. I bought it cheap at a steam sale but never played it. I think it was ported from console. Had my eye on it for a while since it looked casual fun - never played it though >_>

IMO better than TF2 from what I've seen
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

This is a different version to the paid edition. This one is free to play but some characters are locked til you gather enough coins. Also skins can be brought with micro transactions of 2-3 dollars.
  4. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Hmm in that case.. Well I hope that I have some kind of upgraded account, like they did with HoN. Still have 3 SMNC "gifts" in my inventory, not sure what they do exactly. I'll try to install it sometime.
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

The more I think about this I think its strange they choose TF2 with moba. It's a clash of styles.

They should have gone hardcore counterstrike and moba style. Id play that shit.
  6. Offline

karal Community Member

Super Monday Night Combat now free to play,dotmmo has reviewed it and feature tons of screenshots
    http://www.dotmmo.com/super-monday-night-combat-9233.html

*Edit - Fizzee*
    Due to a second 1 post advertisement account to this website, I will be monitoring this thread closely. Any more and this post will be removed as well. I'll let it stay For now as it is relevant, but continued advertising will result in an assumtion that this post was spam advertising and will result in removal of this post and its publisher.

Thanks
  7. Offline

adagio Moderator

Not sure you can call this game a moba as its very much a hybrid. It's leaning way more into fps area which just happens to have move ai.

Also I know you may be connected to that review site as you only posted that one post to advertise it. I just have a problem with gamesites giving a score then at the bottom saying a full review will be along later. You can give an initial impression but you can't really give it a score unless you have fully explored the game.

I was lucky enough to be on the swtor beta this time last year. It was buggy and certainly not for me. I gave my impression of the game too others but never once thought off giving it a score.